SpeedSF AutoX / Car Control / Drifting (but not drifting) on Yokohama V601 Tires

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yesterday wraps up 3 events I've attended using the Yokohama Apex V601 tires and they're still holding up.
If you're interested in reading here are the threads for Laguna and Sonoma HPDE days.

I don't drive my Supra on the street much and have put ~2,000 street miles on the tires but I tend to over-drive tires/car, if you've been following along.
I remain impressed with the value these tires provide and their wear characteristics for the abuse I put them through. Not necessarily a high-bar, but compared to the OEM PSS tires (which are in the same performance category), these remain more heat tolerant and consistent - at a lower cost.

The front tires remain fine/same as before autoX (reference Sonoma thread for photos). The rears are not down to the wear bars yet despite all the smoke I put out over and over again. There was some chunking of the tread - my lead foot and pea brain not getting knowing when to take a break. No cords show, drives straight with no vibrations on the highway. Tires still feel good and I plan to run them at Laguna in late October - probably will switch onto something else next but not because these tires were bad.

9-26-2021 Sonoma Raceway 63.jpg

(wind warning - keep volume low)

IMG_0003.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

IMG_0012.jpeg

IMG_0014.jpeg

IMG_0015.jpeg

IMG_0016.jpeg
Sponsored