Spring rates

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I've searched through the site and haven't found a consensus on spring rates for our cars. Have we settled on what seems to work best? It seems most platforms have a sweet spot, or at least a general setting to start from before we start messing with the rest of the car.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I've searched through the site and haven't found a consensus on spring rates for our cars. Have we settled on what seems to work best? It seems most platforms have a sweet spot, or at least a general setting to start from before we start messing with the rest of the car.
For track use?

Depends on what you like. With no aero, 550f/500r with true coilover rear worked great for me this last season.

Upping 100lb's now that I have aero.

OP
OP

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
For track use?

Depends on what you like. With no aero, 550f/500r with true coilover rear worked great for me this last season.

Upping 100lb's now that I have aero.
Yes, track use, So posted in this subtopic.😁

Is it common to use lb vs kg for these cars? I'll do some math. I saw somebody running 10k front and 16k rear. Seemed like a lot in the rear so just wondering.

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Yes, track use, So posted in this subtopic.😁

Is it common to use lb vs kg for these cars? I'll do some math. I saw somebody running 10k front and 16k rear. Seemed like a lot in the rear so just wondering.
I use lb because I prefer my units in the Bald Eagle scale. 😎

10k/16k is most likely with non-coil over spring rear like oem which basically doubles the spring rate.

OP
OP

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I use lb because I prefer my units in the Bald Eagle scale. 😎

10k/16k is most likely with non-coil over spring rear like oem which basically doubles the spring rate.
Ah, crap. That's right. I have to figure coilovers AND divorced rates.
Yeah.. The 10/16 were divorced.

ZokiSpeed

First Name
Zoran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 2.0L
I'm running a KW clubsport with 6kg(336lbs/in) front and 14kg(785lbs/in) rear springs. At the rear shock and spring are divorced, even if it's a highly racetrack orientated suspension. It works for me. Maybe you can go harder on the front, but that should be done carefully and also with regard to the topology of the circuit. Also I'm running the little 4-banger under the hood, the B58 weighs much more.
greetings from germany
Sponsored