Xproplayer

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Well, that means that your current code is later than the recall level.

Honestly, when I had the issue, there was absolutely nothing wrong that the dealer or I could find. Battery, charging system, voltage...all fine. I just ignored it and when I got updated, it went away.
It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens once I go back to having only this car as my daily driver, I put a lot of short trips on it with that parking mode configured but if it persists maybe I'll buy a maintainer
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Tenders are not that expensive. I'd rather buy one than having to replace the whole battery... Ctek comes highly recommend in the forum... Anyhow, should be able to check levels with obd readers. Bimmerlink, torque, carly...

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Easier said than done. I don't have a charger or maintainer, and I'm not going to buy one for a car under warranty that hasn't been driven in a couple days. I'll take it out for a spin soon anyways, worst case I jump the car.
If you own a Supra. You need a battery tender.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
A daily driven $60,000 car should not need a battery tender. A monthly driven $300,000 car sure I'm right there with you
And thatā€™s where your wrong. This must be your first high performance bmw lol šŸ˜‚
You do what you want. You came in here asking for advice and suggestions. And thatā€™s what we are doing. Most of us have owned this car since 2019ā€¦

OP
OP
Xproplayer

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
And thatā€™s where your wrong. This must be your first high performance bmw lol šŸ˜‚
You do what you want. You came in here asking for advice and suggestions. And thatā€™s what we are doing. Most of us have owned this car since 2019ā€¦
I'll happily eat my words in the future if more information comes up. So far this post has people reporting the same issue who already use a battery tender. At this point I'm going to assume this happened /now/ because of toyota draining the battery or similar when they were using scan tools without the car running.

It'd be cool if we had concrete answers on what this message means, so far the best laymans answer seems to be a low battery.

300BLK

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0P, 23 Tacoma, 22 Mercedes Benz GLB
Any update op? I have started to receive the same message. Donā€™t know if it is because it was parked with the trunk unlatched of if (more likely) so due to the dash cam I wired in (fuse 25 I believe). Didnā€™t have any issues with my previous 3-series but also wasnā€™t hardwired. I had purchased a tender before I got the car so going to hook it up this weekend and see if that resolves it.

OP
OP
Xproplayer

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I forgot I was the OP of this thread, scrolled through the comments and had a laugh.

The message hasn't appeared since, I'm pretty sure toyota drained the battery or it was simply lower than normal. I still have a hardwired dashcam configured for 12h runtime and I've had no issues.

I'm no expert, but I disagree completely with the battery tender recommendations for a car this new (and in my use case, driven multiple times a week)

OP
OP
Xproplayer

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Update again since this post came up in conversation, no issues, haven't seen that error, same parking mode 12h dashcam, doing less driving then usual lately (6ish weeks). I conclude it was th e dealer who hooked it up without a tender
Sponsored