Steering Wheel Ebay Option

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Did everyone with issues getting the new wheel to go on smoothly have the cheaper Ali express wheel?

I don’t love the idea of forcing the new wheel on with an impact driver and may pay a couple hundred more for a wheel from a vendor that slides on correctly
Sponsored

OP
OP

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
Did everyone with issues getting the new wheel to go on smoothly have the cheaper Ali express wheel?

I don’t love the idea of forcing the new wheel on with an impact driver and may pay a couple hundred more for a wheel from a vendor that slides on correctly
Mine was the Alliexpress wheel and yes i had to tighten the bolt down to get the steering wheel to fit but I did not use an impact driver I used a socket set and then torqued the bolt down to 65nm. By hand there was no way I could get it on the spline but using a small socket set it went on with little force but left some small amount of iron filings that made me worry and when I loosened the nut again and tried to tug on it, it would not budge which makes me think it can never come off gain without using some sort of pulley.

It's all on straight no vibrations of an sorts. The Spline looks like its stainless and the steering wheel is a soft magnesium so my guess is that it hasnt done any damage to the steering rack portion if for any reason it does ever need to be removed. The only thing is making sure it's 100% straight when putting it on.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Mine was the Alliexpress wheel and yes i had to tighten the bolt down to get the steering wheel to fit but I did not use an impact driver I used a socket set and then torqued the bolt down to 65nm. By hand there was no way I could get it on the spline but using a small socket set it went on with little force but left some small amount of iron filings that made me worry and when I loosened the nut again and tried to tug on it, it would not budge which makes me think it can never come off gain without using some sort of pulley.

It's all on straight no vibrations of an sorts. The Spline looks like its stainless and the steering wheel is a soft magnesium so my guess is that it hasnt done any damage to the steering rack portion if for any reason it does ever need to be removed. The only thing is making sure it's 100% straight when putting it on.
Thanks for the reply. That makes me feel better that you were able to use a socket to get it on, but... I just know with my luck I’ll get it on and something will be a miss and I’ll need to take it off

JimboSlice

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium

My wheel came from a US vendor (New York) but it’s apparent that most of them come from China anyway.

I agree with you as most of the time when I cut corners I’m not happy with the result, but in this case you will likely end up with a similar of not exact same product.

Hope this helps ??‍♂

OP
OP

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the reply. That makes me feel better that you were able to use a socket to get it on, but... I just know with my luck I’ll get it on and something will be a miss and I’ll need to take it off
Yes Its a difficult decision, however if you line it up it will go on ok and when does anyone ever need to remove a steering wheel. Even if it's not aligned you can adjust your wheels alignment. I don't regret it now as the new steering wheel is so much better..night and day. Just make sure that you connect everything up before putting the airbag in. Once the airbag is in you have to put holes in the steering wheel to pop it back out.

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Can we all start talking about how A LOT of the available aftermarket steering wheels, mirror caps, fake vents, spoiler, splitters, diffusors etc. that are on AliBaba and AliExpress look IDENTICAL to a lot of stuff you get from the US or Europe? It's pretty clear to me that China is producing all of them and whoever buys it in US/EU is paying a big premium for nothing?

All steering wheels posted in this thread (the Alibaba ones, the ebay ones, and the ones that are apparently from the US) look like they are made by OHC Motors (China).

The guys who bought off Alibaba and posted pics actually motivated me to get some stuff there too, like my mirror caps and spoiler. Looks flawless, see pictures.
20210304_104145.jpg
20210303_114410.jpg

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
My wheel came from a US vendor (New York) but it’s apparent that most of them come from China anyway.

I agree with you as most of the time when I cut corners I’m not happy with the result, but in this case you will likely end up with a similar of not exact same product.

Hope this helps ??‍♂
thanks for the info. So even though you got yours stateside, it was the same tight fit? Makes sense if they all come from China

OP
OP

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can we all start talking about how A LOT of the available aftermarket steering wheels, mirror caps, fake vents, spoiler, splitters, diffusors etc. that are on AliBaba and AliExpress look IDENTICAL to a lot of stuff you get from the US or Europe? It's pretty clear to me that China is producing all of them and whoever buys it in US/EU is paying a big premium for nothing?

All steering wheels posted in this thread (the Alibaba ones, the ebay ones, and the ones that are apparently from the US) look like they are made by OHC Motors (China).

The guys who bought off Alibaba and posted pics actually motivated me to get some stuff there too, like my mirror caps and spoiler. Looks flawless, see pictures.
20210304_104145.jpg
20210303_114410.jpg
I purchased the stick on mirror caps and they look good...not as good a fit as the actually replacement cover as mine is double sided taped on but you wouldn't pick it without close inspection.

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra

20210304_104145.jpg
20210303_114410.jpg
Thanks - I just ordered a pair of mirror caps for 98$ shipped.

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
thanks for the info. So even though you got yours stateside, it was the same tight fit? Makes sense if they all come from China
mine was from east coast Supras and it was a tight fit. Biggest secret they don’t want you know is that all of these are Chinese.

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium

20210304_104145.jpg
20210303_114410.jpg
Agreed. Marketing is a hell of a drug.

NcreAighStonH

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Phantom Supra Premium

20210304_104145.jpg
20210303_114410.jpg
Can you share the mirror cap link?

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Can you share the mirror cap link?
Mirror Caps from Ali Express
I had to pay 20€ afterwards to Fedex for handling tax and import duty into Germany, just as an FYI

Spoiler from AliBaba
This required a personal inquiry with the manufacturer itself. I talked to Penny and they were amazing! Shipping can be very expensive depending on your location, I paid was much for shipping as for the product itself - but worth it!

Value

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I ended up ordering my wheel from carismo,I almost bought a eBay one, but decided I didn’t want red stitching and i also wanted flat top and flat bottom with white stitching

For those who are still looking,They are now $522 on eBay with free shipping ??

3E9C0DB4-69FA-438C-9B70-49C263C0562F.jpeg

0FD5C7B7-4730-44C9-B079-360C7037A0D9.png

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Gee miissed the airbag point.
All buttons work. Maybe M1/2 are the radar buttons? Due you Think that maybe the airbag isn't certified? We need to find out more. How do they manage to sell it for this price with airbag? Just doesn't sound right? I'm in Australia is there someone in US that's close by that can check this out?
The M buttons on a BMW steering wheel are for mode presets. So you can set engine/suspension/steering to each value you want and then save it as a preset (one preset per button) as they let you change each value separately.

On the Supra, there is just "Sport" mode.

It would actually be cool if you can have the sport mode on the wheel but I'm sure that would take some rewiring or know-how.
Sponsored