Stock Supra in SCCA (BS) B-Street Autocross

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
Vehicle Showcase
Registering for my first scca autocross event and they said I can’t do the BS class because I have a front strut bar. Dammit the one thing I do just to dress the engine bay up a bit...

I’ll need to go and read through this whole thread when I have time, but anyone know what class I need to register for? I know I know I should just take it off
Local SCCA event I assume. Just run in BS, nobody should care enough for a local event IMO. Otherwise you would be in Street Touring but the Supra isn't classes there yet this year. It is supposed to go into the new SST class next year though.
Sponsored

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Local SCCA event I assume. Just run in BS, nobody should care enough for a local event IMO. Otherwise you would be in Street Touring but the Supra isn't classes there yet this year. It is supposed to go into the new SST class next year though.
Cool thanks. I just took the strut bar off, so should be fine. But what’s this about the Supra switching to AS class per a post a couple up from here

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Just talked to scca guy and he said the 2020 is BS and the 2021 is AS. Where do you guys that autocross find this info??

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just talked to scca guy and he said the 2020 is BS and the 2021 is AS. Where do you guys that autocross find this info??
It appears you need to dig through the SCCA "FasTrack" publications to find the information, as they publish what cars are classed where in these. It's a little ridiculous there isn't some form of centralized database provided by the SCCA unless I'm just missing something blatantly obvious. I beg you, please, someone prove me wrong?

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It appears you need to dig through the SCCA "FasTrack" publications to find the information, as they publish what cars are classed where in these. It's a little ridiculous there isn't some form of centralized database provided by the SCCA unless I'm just missing something blatantly obvious. I beg you, please, someone prove me wrong?
Well, FasTrack is a monthly newsletter providing updates on claddings, rule changes, rules clarifications etc. The changes during the year will then make their way to the next year's rule book at the end of the year. So the Supra classing will be updated in the 2022 rulebook for example.

Note these are all done by volunteers so a formal database isn't really realistic. But you should be able to find information you need by asking questions on your local SCCA FB page or in this case the FB page dedicated to BS. Chances are someone will have the answer to your question. https://www.facebook.com/groups/sccabstreet/?ref=share

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Autocross I'm thinking about doing Sunday is forecasted to rain 100% chance and 50-55 degrees. Car has stock pads and tires, 8,000 miles with 3 track days at Mid-Ohio. First time autocross.. in the cold/rain worth it, or wait til next year??

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Well, FasTrack is a monthly newsletter providing updates on claddings, rule changes, rules clarifications etc. The changes during the year will then make their way to the next year's rule book at the end of the year. So the Supra classing will be updated in the 2022 rulebook for example.

Note these are all done by volunteers so a formal database isn't really realistic. But you should be able to find information you need by asking questions on your local SCCA FB page or in this case the FB page dedicated to BS. Chances are someone will have the answer to your question. https://www.facebook.com/groups/sccabstreet/?ref=share
I get it, they're not paying someone to maintain a database, but how about a spreadsheet of cars broken down per tab by class? Would probably be a large undertaking as it would need to be built from the ground up, but at least then it would give the maintainers a point to work from moving forward.

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I get it, they're not paying someone to maintain a database, but how about a spreadsheet of cars broken down per tab by class? Would probably be a large undertaking as it would need to be built from the ground up, but at least then it would give the maintainers a point to work from moving forward.
I understand where you are coming from. The classing stuff is confusing for a lot of people especially new comers. But if all you need to know is where your car is classed, the information is available in the rule book which you can download here:
https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules

The classes and cars are in Appendix A. In fact, they have already updated the lists showing the 2021 Supra in AStreet and 2020 Supra in BStreet.

Could they have done these better? Sure, but the information is out there and people are generally pretty good with answering questions you may have regarding classing.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I understand where you are coming from. The classing stuff is confusing for a lot of people especially new comers. But if all you need to know is where your car is classed, the information is available in the rule book which you can download here:
https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules

The classes and cars are in Appendix A. In fact, they have already updated the lists showing the 2021 Supra in AStreet and 2020 Supra in BStreet.

Could they have done these better? Sure, but the information is out there and people are generally pretty good with answering questions you may have regarding classing.
Yep. I'm thinking more for updates during the year, but I get where you're coming from. Maybe I should throw some time at it! Everyone has lots of free time, right? ? Appreciate the information.
Sponsored