Stock Turbo Potential

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Accidentally posted in marketplace so making a new thread..

—————————-

What’s up everyone, doing some homework on tuning and wanted to see how much the stock turbo can take safely before it blows up lol.

I’ve seen tunes that have taken it to 24psi with no issue, but my concern is longevity. Obviously you gotta pay to play, but if reliability is in question, at about how much PSI is the happy median/ compromise? Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snorlax27

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Why you don’t you push it up to 24 psi and report back in a year or so and let us know?
Thank you for the insightful and thoughtful response. I’ll be sure to push it to 40PSI and blast off to the moon :rolleyes:

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
If you want the turbo to last and not give you too much talk back. 20-22psi is where i would leave it as it will be happy there and make good power. 24-26psi longevity starts reducing and failure can occurs. Anything more than that is honestly too much for the actual turbo to sustain without creating uneeded heat and causing failure.

OP
OP
Snorlax27

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you want the turbo to last and not give you too much talk back. 20-22psi is where i would leave it as it will be happy there and make good power. 24-26psi longevity starts reducing and failure can occurs. Anything more than that is honestly too much for the actual turbo to sustain without creating uneeded heat and causing failure.
Awesome! Exactly the information I wanted to hear. Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored