TE37SL Center Cap Adaptor Question

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
So I found these. It looks like they might work with some modifications. Maybe these are the same or similar to the ones you had. It looks like these are 114.3.

164F017E-9704-4215-8998-A8510A27FFE5.png

FC9FA876-2BEC-42FF-AF26-CECBB0BDBAD7.png
So, unmodified, those adapters will stick out from the face of the wheel.

You have 2 obstacles here:
1 - The adapter won't fit on the hub - you need to machine or sand the inside of the ring out by a few mm to get it to fit over the hub.
2 - Once you can get past the hub, you hit the hub centric ring that you're probably using. So now you either need to cut the ring down or cut the bottom off of the adapter. Cutting the hub ring down makes it pretty much worthless, and I think that cutting the adapter down would've comprised its ability to "seal" into the bore of the wheel; I said fuck it, and sold the wheels.

I now can't unload the caps, and I've modified the adapters and can't unload those either :)

It's not the answer you want, but I would just get used to no Rays caps, or find something else from a 3rd party (if this even exists).
Sponsored

Drew25

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
So, unmodified, those adapters will stick out from the face of the wheel.

You have 2 obstacles here:
1 - The adapter won't fit on the hub - you need to machine or sand the inside of the ring out by a few mm to get it to fit over the hub.
2 - Once you can get past the hub, you hit the hub centric ring that you're probably using. So now you either need to cut the ring down or cut the bottom off of the adapter. Cutting the hub ring down makes it pretty much worthless, and I think that cutting the adapter down would've comprised its ability to "seal" into the bore of the wheel; I said fuck it, and sold the wheels.

I now can't unload the caps, and I've modified the adapters and can't unload those either :)

It's not the answer you want, but I would just get used to no Rays caps, or find something else from a 3rd party (if this even exists).
Damn that does suck to hear. What a pain in the ass. Im going to try anyway and use the high temp silicone like Axix said. Hopefully it turns out decent like his. Thanks for letting me know. Canā€™t believe no Volk doesnā€™t make a cap to fit these without adapter smh