Tein S Tech lowering springs installed

static63

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 edition
I have seen a lot of people doing the Eibach, H&R, and HKS springs but I have always been a fan of Tein's products. I have had their springs/coilovers on my 97 Supra, Evo 8 and 9, my wife's WRX, and various other cars so I decided I wanted to give the S Techs a shot. I watched this video to give me any tips and tricks before the install and, if you are familiar with doing suspension work, it was pretty straight forward.

The pics are after it settling over about 2 weeks and 150 miles worth of driving. The car feels good. No excessive bouncing. No noises since they do come with the spring silencers installed on the springs. They lowered the car pretty close to what they advertised, 1.2" in the front and 1" in the rear. The car also has BMS 13mm front and 15mm rear spacers on it. I have had two times over harsh bumps where one of the rear tires has touched a little. It was only with a passenger in the vehicle and I can't tell where it is rubbing since there are no marks, etc. so I am not very concerned with it. I just figured I would share some info and pics since not a lot of people are talking about this option. In a few weeks I will have the alignment done and share that info with you all as well.
lowered 1.jpg
lowered 2.jpg
Sponsored

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
I have seen a lot of people doing the Eibach, H&R, and HKS springs but I have always been a fan of Tein's products. I have had their springs/coilovers on my 97 Supra, Evo 8 and 9, my wife's WRX, and various other cars so I decided I wanted to give the S Techs a shot. I watched this video to give me any tips and tricks before the install and, if you are familiar with doing suspension work, it was pretty straight forward.

The pics are after it settling over about 2 weeks and 150 miles worth of driving. The car feels good. No excessive bouncing. No noises since they do come with the spring silencers installed on the springs. They lowered the car pretty close to what they advertised, 1.2" in the front and 1" in the rear. The car also has BMS 13mm front and 15mm rear spacers on it. I have had two times over harsh bumps where one of the rear tires has touched a little. It was only with a passenger in the vehicle and I can't tell where it is rubbing since there are no marks, etc. so I am not very concerned with it. I just figured I would share some info and pics since not a lot of people are talking about this option. In a few weeks I will have the alignment done and share that info with you all as well.
lowered 1.jpg
lowered 2.jpg
Looks good! What alignment settings are you planning on going with?

OP
OP
static63

static63

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 edition
Looks good! What alignment settings are you planning on going with?
Being mostly a street driven car, my settings will be pretty basic. Toe as close to zero as possible. Camber as close to -1.5 as possible. The front doesn't have much in regards to camber adjustment so we will see what it ends up at. I am hoping to get some front camber plates to adjust front camber. I saw Verus made some but it looks like they only add the ability to add more negative camber not add in positive.

MYNEWFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Supra Premium

lowered 1.jpg
lowered 2.jpg
Very Good write up and Pictures, Thank You.

San

First Name
Sanchin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mkv supra
Hi there ...thanks for this post I am looking into this option for springs ....did you have to modify the rear bump stops ?

Update on springs and ride to date?

OP
OP
static63

static63

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 edition
Hi there ...thanks for this post I am looking into this option for springs ....did you have to modify the rear bump stops ?

Update on springs and ride to date?
You do cut the bump stops. Car rides great. I have about 500 miles on the setup and will be getting an alignment hopefully next week.

San

First Name
Sanchin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mkv supra
Thank you I have just purchased the springs and will throw on some spacers whilst I'm at it. In terms of alignment will I load normal supra factory alignment settings ?

OP
OP
static63

static63

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 edition
Thank you I have just purchased the springs and will throw on some spacers whilst I'm at it. In terms of alignment will I load normal supra factory alignment settings ?
I am going to shoot for something like this. Camber isn’t adjustable in the front so not much you can do there with the factory equipment.
17B5A5DE-5F42-4D1C-B249-3CF7C272C5E2.png

MYNEWFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Supra Premium
I had my S Tech Springs put in last week.
Car does ride great. You can tell the difference between Sport and comfort mode.
The the car is manageable, planted in sport mode which is default for me when I drive.
And smooth and controlled in Comfort mode. Looks like Tein did an excellent job developing the Springs with the factory shocks.

In my opinion, the drop is probably where it should have been from the factory.

AFTER>
20211123_131612.jpg

20211123_131556.jpg

20211123_131456.jpg

20211123_131228.jpg

BEFORE >
20210819_224515.jpg

20210820_071617.jpg

20210819_224459.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: