The A70TTR Dedication Thread!

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Customer: wow, these TRD parts are crazy expensive and seem to be the same thing that third party companies are offering

Toyota: it comes with TRD stickers and doesnt void your warranty

Customer: .........zOMG, here's my credit card and a kidney!
Sponsored

PREDATOR786

First Name
Ismail
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
EX: 1994 Toyota Corolla AE92 Twincam 16V Turbo (Jade Green). EX: 2006 VW Jetta MKV 2.0 FSi Sportline (Black). EX: 2018 Toyota C-HR 1.2T Plus CVT (Nebula Blue). Current: 2020 Toyota GR Supra (Prominence Red)
Moto Miwa, is that you...?

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
:)

It wouldnt be super hard to track down who I am, and as information for this car naturally gets more specific I wont be able to divulge anywhere near the same amount of information for that reason. The point has always been to just kind of let me slide by so that I can keep things interesting.

There are only so many people that are around the folks with this information and also involved with Toyota USA and Japan. Unfortunately, if anyone ever gets too close for comfort I'll have to just stop posting.

Last edited:

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
If Toyota was smart and really wanted to emulate the Porsche model, they'd let customers actually order cars, exactly to their spec.

Doubtful this will happen with Toyota's horrible distribution setup. Takes a lot of the fun out of buying a Toyota but I suppose it works for their multibillion dollar business model.

So likely we'll get a bunch of loaded crap dealer spec and dealer color cars, and in my area gulf states toyota will add a bunch of garbage like door edge guards, phone charger kits and running boards to every Supra that they send to dealers. :banghead:

Soupraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Lexus RC F | 2017 Lexus IS300 F Sport| 2006 Tundra Double Cab Limited |2009 Triumph Sprint ST 1050
There are only so many people that are around the folks with this information and also involved with Toyota USA and Japan. Unfortunately, if anyone ever gets too close for comfort I'll have to just stop posting.
....and for this reason, we should stop prying. For me, it is less about "who" and more about "what's been shared". I've found his post to be enlightening and believable...because they are logical and reasonable.
:popcorn:

Thank you A70TTR...whomever you are!

:thumbsup:

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
that's how I'd prefer it. I'm just here to talk about cars and the intricacies that are involved when they're being developed. Who I am doesn't matter too much, especially given I'm no one out of the ordinary; it's about the information and how exciting it is.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I wonder if A70TTR = Tada san and hes just messing with us. I mean hes been right about everything! :thumbsup:

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LOL, im only friends with his friends. Im a nobody, but I'm a happy nobody.

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I want to personally thank everyone here for the laughs and discussion. Much of the information I collected here was passed on in different mediums and may have indirectly shaped the new car. This was a fun and entertaining exercise that also afforded me the ability to gauge and understand other enthusiasts when it comes to this particular platform. Unfortunately, it is now time for me to move on to a new project in my current role, of which I am highly excited about and have touched upon here and there previously on here :)

I might not be gone entirely, however I will likely have far less time to dedicate to the ongoing SPX project.

In closing, I think many of you will be very impressed with what is to come and will come to realize that the old adage of underpromise and overdeliver is a very important one.

Thank you.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I want to personally thank everyone here for the laughs and discussion. Much of the information I collected here was passed on in different mediums and may have indirectly shaped the new car. This was a fun and entertaining exercise that also afforded me the ability to gauge and understand other enthusiasts when it comes to this particular platform. Unfortunately, it is now time for me to move on to a new project in my current role, of which I am highly excited about and have touched upon here and there previously on here :)

I might not be gone entirely, however I will likely have far less time to dedicate to the ongoing SPX project.

In closing, I think many of you will be very impressed with what is to come and will come to realize that the old adage of underpromise and overdeliver is a very important one.

Thank you.
They got you on the new Sienna too? Shiieeeetttt :p

See ya at Supra MKV Nationals:nixon:

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
hahaha, I'd sooner die. although I have been involved in things equal to or more boring before so.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Looks like we need a new inside source pronto - if the reveal isn't coming for another 9 months and Toyota stays tight-lipped, this forum will either go into sleep mode or start endlessly recycling old discussions and debates.
Sponsored