Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Sounds pretty good OP!

Are there any axlebacks or reasonably priced catbacks that do work with the stock exhaust valve?
What does ‘reasonably priced’ mean? Under 1000? No. Under 1600? Maybe. Under 1900? Yes.
Sponsored

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
What does ‘reasonably priced’ mean? Under 1000? No. Under 1600? Maybe. Under 1900? Yes.
Yah I was thinking around the $1600 price point for a catback and under $1000 for an axleback.

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Mazda 3 Sedan
So I got the exhaust installed this past weekend and man does it sound good! It’s definitely A LOT deeper than I was expecting, which I’m honestly happy about. The fitment of the exhaust tips isn’t “perfect” so to say, however the shop said to let the pipes and everything break in for a few hundred miles then to bring it back in and they’ll readjust everything to really lock in that tip placement. The burnt tips look amazing.

Drone in the cabin is definitely there right around that 2k RPM mark once you’re cruising on the highway. Accelerating from a stop light is met with a boomy exhaust tone within the cabin which you’d expect with any deep, non-resonated exhaust system, but by no means is it ear piercing or intolerable. As of right now I don’t see myself needing to add resonators, however I’ll see how the exhaust tone changes over time.

For $700 I feel like you honestly can’t go wrong with this system. If you want to splurge 2-3k on a name brand exhaust there’s nothing wrong with that, but for those that just want a system that provides a deep, rich tone and aren’t looking to break the bank then this is the one to get.

Keep in mind the sound clips below are with an AA Catted Downpipe.

Stock:

EOS Catback (Cold Start):

EOS Catback (Revs):

I know for a fact tip placement can be improved by adjusting some of the piping starting from the Downpipe. I told the shop ideally I want the tips to fill up as much of the exhaust holes as possible without touching the actual bumper, so will update back once I put some miles on this system and we get everything dialed in.
B38999BA-D45F-487C-87D6-976561239A6D.jpeg

827BC5DB-EE5B-4875-9719-1C31C5D2602A.jpeg

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
So I got the exhaust installed this past weekend and man does it sound good! It’s definitely A LOT deeper than I was expecting, which I’m honestly happy about. The fitment of the exhaust tips isn’t “perfect” so to say, however the shop said to let the pipes and everything break in for a few hundred miles then to bring it back in and they’ll readjust everything to really lock in that tip placement. The burnt tips look amazing.

Drone in the cabin is definitely there right around that 2k RPM mark once you’re cruising on the highway. Accelerating from a stop light is met with a boomy exhaust tone within the cabin which you’d expect with any deep, non-resonated exhaust system, but by no means is it ear piercing or intolerable. As of right now I don’t see myself needing to add resonators, however I’ll see how the exhaust tone changes over time.

For $700 I feel like you honestly can’t go wrong with this system. If you want to splurge 2-3k on a name brand exhaust there’s nothing wrong with that, but for those that just want a system that provides a deep, rich tone and aren’t looking to break the bank then this is the one to get.

Keep in mind the sound clips below are with an AA Catted Downpipe.

Stock:

EOS Catback (Cold Start):

EOS Catback (Revs):

I know for a fact tip placement can be improved by adjusting some of the piping starting from the Downpipe. I told the shop ideally I want the tips to fill up as much of the exhaust holes as possible without touching the actual bumper, so will update back once I put some miles on this system and we get everything dialed in.
B38999BA-D45F-487C-87D6-976561239A6D.jpeg

827BC5DB-EE5B-4875-9719-1C31C5D2602A.jpeg
Were you able to get the tips to fill up the hole? Been playing around with it a lot recently to try to get it to fill the gaps but it just droops.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Were you able to get the tips to fill up the hole? Been playing around with it a lot recently to try to get it to fill the gaps but it just droops.
The tips look too big to fit the cutouts.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Anyone else driven mad with drone? I’m still on the fence with this system (AA Catted DP).

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah theyre perfect but for the life of me I can’t get it to stop drooping down. I’ve tried loosening everything and making sure theyre all tight and connected but it just droops 2-3 finger lengths down.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Yeah theyre perfect but for the life of me I can’t get it to stop drooping down. I’ve tried loosening everything and making sure theyre all tight and connected but it just droops 2-3 finger lengths down.
I’ve helped install an AWE and we had to twist the hell out of the middle pipes so they pointed up at the rear of the car and then muffler sections off that. Tighten DP to rear of car. Get another jack in the center brace holding the mufflers. Worst case? Amazon has some adjustable rubber hangers that you can adjust with different holes. Could try that

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ve helped install an AWE and we had to twist the hell out of the middle pipes so they pointed up at the rear of the car and then muffler sections off that. Tighten DP to rear of car. Get another jack in the center brace holding the mufflers. Worst case? Amazon has some adjustable rubber hangers that you can adjust with different holes. Could try that
I’ll try again whenever I decide to go catless. Thanks for the info!

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Mazda 3 Sedan
I sold the car but the best we were able to get it is this
IMG_1693.jpeg