Analysis, Comments & Reactions from the Web about the new Supra

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
Some of his complaints were legit, and some were silly. Complaining about seat bolstering when you are clearly overweight and don't fit in the car very well is not the seats fault. Most sports cars have seats that suck you in otherwise you slide around everywhere. It's nearly impossible to build one seat that fits every body type. I am 189 lbs and lift a lot of weights and fit fine. I honestly would not want the seats wider.

I think some of it is price too, as a Porsche there is likely closer in price to a Supra whereas here in the US there is a big price gap between a comparatively configured Supra and Cayman.

Complaining that the interior is nice "but not Toyota" is the one that gets me. I see these complaints all the time and I don't really want a Toyota interior over a BMW interior too be honest. The Supra interior is far superior to any of my previous American sportscars (GT350, SS1LE, C7 Corvette).

The car not "being low enough" is one of those things. You can clearly put lowering springs or coilovers on it if you want it lower, but most "budget" sports cars are not that low as they have to meet safety standards, and if Toyota lowered the car too much then other reviewers would complain about scraping and the car being too hard to get in and out of because it's too low.
Cars won't always be a one size fits all solution to your speed fix. The guy is probably is one of those people that weren't considered in the Supra's demographic ?
Sponsored

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
These Are The Top Five Most Overrated New Sports Cars According To You

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/02/t...-most-overrated-sports-cars-according-to-you/

Despite all of the noise that sports cars will soon go the way of the dodo, there are a bunch on the market. In fact, there are so many that we think there are a bunch of overrated options to critique so we made it the subject of our question of the day. It turns out that you lot agree. Here are the top five overrated sports cars on the market according to you.

5 – Nissan Z – Nissan’s retro-styled sports car got 7 upvotes and not a single downvote. Stigasawuswrecks submitted the car and explained his thoughts quite succinctly: ” Beaten by every car in its class and brakes are still Nissan bad.”

4 – Audi S3 / RS3 / S4 / Golf R – This is a broad entry so we nearly didn’t include it but Ben made some good points and it received 9 upvotes and only 1 downvote. “None of these are terrible cars, but I feel they’re not upholding the reputation they’ve earned in previous models and instead have been a letdown in that context,” he wrote.

There were a few dissenters (me included if we’re talking about the RS3 only) but a number of you agreed that the Golf R itself deserved the title of the most overrated car.

3 – BMW M3 / M4 – This pair got 14 upvotes and not a single downvote. Yudha Bagaskara pointed out its “hideous front grille” and Reagan1 took things further. They pointed out its “awful, iPad dash…and weight…”

2 – BMW Z4 – No car received as many upvotes as the Z4 without getting a single downvote. The final score for this two-door sports car was 18-0. Some disagreed but even then it was called irrelevant.

1 – Toyota Supra – The most over-rated car according to all of you is a Toyota – and one co-developed with BMW at that. It received 26 upvotes and only 2 downvotes making it the most agreed-upon overrated sports car here. BeerThirty247 made the point quite clearly. ” Sorry Toyota but an icon should never be rebadged from a competitor,” they said. In our testing, the Supra was a lot of fun but that doesn’t exclude it from potentially being overrated.

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
These Are The Top Five Most Overrated New Sports Cars According To You

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/02/t...-most-overrated-sports-cars-according-to-you/

Despite all of the noise that sports cars will soon go the way of the dodo, there are a bunch on the market. In fact, there are so many that we think there are a bunch of overrated options to critique so we made it the subject of our question of the day. It turns out that you lot agree. Here are the top five overrated sports cars on the market according to you.

5 – Nissan Z – Nissan’s retro-styled sports car got 7 upvotes and not a single downvote. Stigasawuswrecks submitted the car and explained his thoughts quite succinctly: ” Beaten by every car in its class and brakes are still Nissan bad.”

4 – Audi S3 / RS3 / S4 / Golf R – This is a broad entry so we nearly didn’t include it but Ben made some good points and it received 9 upvotes and only 1 downvote. “None of these are terrible cars, but I feel they’re not upholding the reputation they’ve earned in previous models and instead have been a letdown in that context,” he wrote.

There were a few dissenters (me included if we’re talking about the RS3 only) but a number of you agreed that the Golf R itself deserved the title of the most overrated car.

3 – BMW M3 / M4 – This pair got 14 upvotes and not a single downvote. Yudha Bagaskara pointed out its “hideous front grille” and Reagan1 took things further. They pointed out its “awful, iPad dash…and weight…”

2 – BMW Z4 – No car received as many upvotes as the Z4 without getting a single downvote. The final score for this two-door sports car was 18-0. Some disagreed but even then it was called irrelevant.

1 – Toyota Supra – The most over-rated car according to all of you is a Toyota – and one co-developed with BMW at that. It received 26 upvotes and only 2 downvotes making it the most agreed-upon overrated sports car here. BeerThirty247 made the point quite clearly. ” Sorry Toyota but an icon should never be rebadged from a competitor,” they said. In our testing, the Supra was a lot of fun but that doesn’t exclude it from potentially being overrated.
I feel very sad reading this article😥

I had so much hope… it would all come down to this… but the Supra didn’t win the Senior prom king award:cry:

I mean, I was hoping it would at least win Best Personality or something😭
Sponsored