McGregory

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.toyota-supra.de
Car(s)
Supra MKIV, Celica T23, Datsun 240z
Hi Everyone,

Our german SupraCommunity have already realized projects together with Toyoa Global, Toyota Europe and Toyota Germany and participated in some events. We had the opportunity to test the new Supra at the Circuit de Jarama in Madrid. We were also on the Nurburgring VLN Event with the modified A90

The event in Madrid is month ago, but i finished my article about the new supra, with some graphics and more technical details.
The pics and the article is checked and approved by toyota directly.

Sorry, this article is in only in germany, but some of the forums members here translated our older articles times ago.

May you could use a the simple google translater?

https://www.toyota-supra.de/blogs/p...hrlicher-test-des-neuen-2019-toyota-supra-a90
Sponsored

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Nice article. Thanks!

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
great article!

interesting things of note:

1) In 2020, the 4-cylinder variant is to follow, which, however, is oriented primarily to the Asian region, in which penalty tax has to be paid for large-volume engines. (explains why there has been much less info on it and many of us speculated this may be why)

2) With the focus on the fast-coming corner, the warm Brembo brakes pack very well to steer safely into the corner. Compared to the predecessor model, 300 kg less must be decelerated and this weight difference is noticeable in the curves. (300kg less than the mkiv TT?? hmm...)

3) A second variant of the same engine series will be available with modifications to the manifold and turbocharger in the power region of 388 hp (it's actually north of that atm, but who's counting :D)

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
2) With the focus on the fast-coming corner, the warm Brembo brakes pack very well to steer safely into the corner. Compared to the predecessor model, 300 kg less must be decelerated and this weight difference is noticeable in the curves. (300kg less than the mkiv TT?? hmm...)
i actually went and googled the MKiV's curb weight after reading that part (MKIV heaviest variant is 1570kg)... but then:

"Combined with a total weight of less than 1.5 tonnes (the modified VLN VLR Supra had 1.4 tonnes) and a perfect weight distribution of 50:50 on the front and rear axles, this is an extremely interesting overall concept for driving pleasure on the track."

i guess its <3300lb for the normal A90 and <3100lb for the "GRMN" one if his statement is accurate

One more thing, in the Rigidity Slide, whats the white dot towards the bottom? the MKIV? that would make sense as AFAIK; it was rated for 8000-9000 nm/deg back then.
834-bodyridigity-logo.jpg

OP
OP
McGregory

McGregory

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.toyota-supra.de
Car(s)
Supra MKIV, Celica T23, Datsun 240z
@mas921 I will complement the article. I was writing about the weight of a german EU Spec 6Speed Supra ( like I am driving one), which is nearly about 1,8 t

Last edited:

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Did you happen to view the exhaust manifold on the prototype? Did they have the integrated exhaust manifold or not? :)

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
So weā€™re likely the one thatā€™s integrated into the head :thumbsdown:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The writer seems to think the classic smooth slushbox-style shifting he experienced in the prototype is a virtue. I beg to differ. In sports mode at least I want the trans to shift like it's a DCT in full rage mode.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm not going to elaborate further, but what the person that posted on Jalopnik wasn't entirely correct... that said, the premise isn't wrong :)

Last edited:

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
3) A second variant of the same engine series will be available with modifications to the manifold and turbocharger in the power region of 388 hp (it's actually north of that atm, but who's counting :D)
I recall a long time ago about you saying that there will be a more powerful version of the 6 cylinder, just north of 400hp. Also, could 388hp just be for the EU?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I actually didn't consider the EU implication, but that's a good point. There's still a bunch of testing going on, so a bunch of variables in play, and the focus isn't even really on this atm. They need to launch the standard car first and then the fun stuff can begin in full force.

There has also been plenty of setbacks with both manufacturing and now sales has said N.A. allocation is all over the place (but that's a story for another time).

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I'm just hoping all variants have the same base hardware (IE, head)

Ecu tunes and bolt on differences are fine, but if there's two heads on offer it will really impact the tuneability of the car imho
Sponsored