The Official Australian WAITING FOR MY SUPRA Thread

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
Nice one, grats MA!!
Ooooh, titanium exhaust??? Details please :)
Sponsored

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Ah, just a Tomei Type D I bought last year and never fitted to my 8AT because it arrived after the announcement of the manual. Hopefully sounds decent!

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
Ahh right nice MA.
Does it attach to the stock downpipe, no tune needed and no CEL?
The warranty side of things does worry me, I mean the zorst is attached to the engine so if there were probs guaranteed they would make things hard.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
It's all post downpipe - so the stock catalysts remain, and therefore *shouldn't* affect warranty.

Snakes70

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 EVO3 WRX
Yep cool, I'm no expert on these things, I just drive them so its good to hear from others.
I waited until the warranty finished on my 1999 evo3 wrx b4 I did the full 3" zorst.
Did you get it in oz or from the US?
Not many options in Perth from what I've seen, waiting for a price from Genie exhuasts for a custom one.......wont be titanium tho.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I ended up going through the US, but after import duty got me, it wasn't much cheaper than local. Kinda forgot about that one... but to be fair, I had Covid, and it was a rage-induced purchase as the one I hand-made ended up being asymmetrical and it did my head in. hahah

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Sorry to hear mate.
When did you put your order in?
I ordered September last year. But there was no official batch number until October when Azure Blue was released in the system.

Hmm, I was given the same planned production month but seemingly no change (yet) when I asked the dealer at the end of April.
Mine also still says April. Our stock controller (Dealership) emailed Toyota head office stock controller and they confirmed mine didn't make the cut. But, on their system, it still shows April 2023 build for us.

Also, I think planned production months are a furphy. I was told my car was planned, then it was bumped to the following month and then it was magically on a boat. I think Toyota dealers are largely just guessing and pretty much making it up as they go.
As someone in a dealer, I can login and check status (which I do everyday lol). It still says April, even right at this very second. The issue is Toyota head office don't always give accurate data or they don't update the data when they should be. So to us, we have information supplied by the manufacturer which we assume and hope is going to be accurate.

I still have my fingers crossed what happened to you, will happen to me (but doubt it of course).

What I'm most upset about, is apparently no Supras are being made for Aus between April and July? Wtf... so frustrating being scheduled for April, then a leap to July.

Also ordered the HKS exhaust a few months back :D

My luck sucks though. Not that it matters because my car isn't here yet, but they told me it was in stock. Then it became 2-4 weeks. Then 2 more weeks. Then tomorrow... three times. And that was 2 weeks ago. I wonder which I'll get first lol.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
As someone in a dealer, I can login and check status (which I do everyday lol). It still says April, even right at this very second. The issue is Toyota head office don't always give accurate data or they don't update the data when they should be. So to us, we have information supplied by the manufacturer which we assume and hope is going to be accurate.
Yeah. That's my point. Doesn't matter who is dropping the ball, be it manufacturing, etc. as a customer outside of a dealership it's simply "Toyota." And it is. It's Toyota's manufacturing chain afterall and its outsourcing is Toyota's choice, so it's a Toyota problem. 😃

I still have my fingers crossed what happened to you, will happen to me (but doubt it of course). What I'm most upset about, is apparently no Supras are being made for Aus between April and July? Wtf... so frustrating being scheduled for April, then a leap to July.
You never know. It might be on a boat.. my sales guy literally took a double take at his screen and then went to confirm with someone else, before telling me what he saw because it didn't make sense lol.

Also, I suspect the April - July thing is probably because they are retooling for MY24 builds. You can look at this as both good and bad.. I guess we'll have to wait to see what gets announced.

If it's a Targa I will loose my shit.

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Also, I suspect the April - July thing is probably because they are retooling for MY24 builds. You can look at this as both good and bad.. I guess we'll have to wait to see what gets announced.
If I accidentally score that revised B58, I will take back all my whinging and complaining, about everything, ever :D

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Good news.. finally!

While my dealer has been exploring some interesting solutions to making sure my Supra gets delivered without a front plate mount, Toyota Australia Guest Services called me directly today with their decision on my request.

After a few weeks of waiting, they finally agreed to flag my car to be provided sans mounting plate. They were quick to note that they are "deviating from standard procedure" to supply my car to the dealer without the mounting plate fitted, like that matters.

For everyone else in Victoria still waiting on delivery, just remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Screenshot - 23.05.15 at 03.27.10PM.png

Last edited:

GRSoup

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Good news.. finally!

While my dealer has been exploring some interesting solutions to making sure my Supra gets delivered without a front plate mount, Toyota Australia Guest Services called me directly today with their decision on my request.

After a few weeks of waiting, they finally agreed to flag my car to be provided sans mounting plate. They were quick to note that they are "deviating from standard procedure" to supply my car to the dealer without the mounting plate fitted, like that matters.

For everyone else in Victoria still waiting on delivery, just remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Screenshot - 23.05.15 at 03.27.10PM.png
Great news man, hope you get the car with no front mount.
Sponsored