The Official Australian WAITING FOR MY SUPRA Thread

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Yes. I was quoted 6-9 months that ended up 13 months to the day. Biggest dealer in Melbourne as well.

Phil
Where you only looking for red or you had other color options?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Ordered July 2023, build confirmed for Feb.
Don't trust anything the dealer says: My build date was confirmed a couple of times - Until you have a VIN don't trust what the dealer says.

Also, while I was waiting (around 10 months for me from memory - delivered mid last year) I started calling dealers and if you make enough calls, you'll eventually find a dealer who either has one on the floor or has one already on a boat.

Best of luck with it!

Stedy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Manual (Inbound), Volvo XC60
Don't trust anything the dealer says: My build date was confirmed a couple of times - Until you have a VIN don't trust what the dealer says.

Also, while I was waiting (around 10 months for me from memory - delivered mid last year) I started calling dealers and if you make enough calls, you'll eventually find a dealer who either has one on the floor or has one already on a boat.

Best of luck with it!
Yeah, cheers, this was always the plan. Crazy to think we are in a situation where placing an order and paying a deposit is plan B. 🙄

Luca

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra on order!
I'm not a fan of the colour from the photos online, but was curious.. has anyone seen an orange Supra in Australia yet?
I ordered the orange pretty much as soon as it was confirmed (Oct 2023) and was told a 6 to 12 month wait. No build date yet.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I ordered the orange pretty much as soon as it was confirmed (Oct 2023) and was told a 6 to 12 month wait. No build date yet.
I'm pretty sure I saw one on Facebook that was delivered in Queensland recently but yeah.. until you get a VIN, don't hold your breath!

GreenJZA80

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JK rubicon. Corolla daily. Soon…‘24 A90.
Currently waiting for mine to arrive, manual copper grey GTS. Received the email from Toyota Australia claiming the build has begun and the dealer has notified me also but I will wait and see if the May delivery estimate is a reality. I ordered in November.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Currently waiting for mine to arrive, manual copper grey GTS. Received the email from Toyota Australia claiming the build has begun and the dealer has notified me also but I will wait and see if the May delivery estimate is a reality. I ordered in November.
May! not a chance in hell. Even if the build was completed a week ago the current shipping times are between 60 and 72 days to Au east coast then there's unloading and Toyota delivery centre PD and usually a 2 week wait for BMW to send the Nav system software after the car has landed and the request sent by Toyota. My guess would be end of June beginning of July at best.

Phil

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
May! not a chance in hell. Even if the build was completed a week ago the current shipping times are between 60 and 72 days to Au east coast then there's unloading and Toyota delivery centre PD and usually a 2 week wait for BMW to send the Nav system software after the car has landed and the request sent by Toyota. My guess would be end of June beginning of July at best.
My car has a build date of February; it landed in port mid May and was delivered to me in early June. Assuming your car is actually being built - Toyota Australia have no fucking idea, trust me - I think you'll be lucky to see your car before August!

GreenJZA80

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JK rubicon. Corolla daily. Soon…‘24 A90.

Phil
Yeah I am not holding my breath. I was notified early Feb of the build, they claimed a May delivery but I was not banking on it being factual. June is still quicker than their estimated 10 months but either way I am not in a rush. Gives me time to collect more parts.

Stedy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Manual (Inbound), Volvo XC60
This gives me hope. Ordered late October and was also told 9 or 10 months. Am yet to hear anything though.
Which dealership did you go through?
Sponsored