The Official Australian WAITING FOR MY SUPRA Thread

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
I got the tow hook relocation kit, been waiting for about 11 months almost 12. I got the same email as you on the 31st of august and once I got the email the sales person was able to give me a vin and a ship name about a week later.

Which colour and spec did you order?
Red GTS manual for me no Alcantara. I'll wait for a week and see what the sales guy has got for me in the way of shipping Details etc. Looks like late Jan 24 for me I guess.

Phil
Sponsored

iambak

First Name
Bak
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Red GTS manual for me no Alcantara. I'll wait for a week and see what the sales guy has got for me in the way of shipping Details etc. Looks like late Jan 24 for me I guess.

Phil
I got blue GTS manual no Alcantara.
Are you in Vic if so as soon as your ship docks start making noise about that front bracket.

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris Rallye
Considering it, however there are a few other parts already on the list for when the car arrives. That BMW G8X steering wheel looks mighty fine also.

Keen to see some more photos of the Adro kit so if you can put some up once installed that'd be great. Did you get it direct from Adro AU?

Fitted it yesterday, pretty straightforward install although prepare to destroy some of your original front lip as it doesnā€™t come off too easily, I might have done it the wrong way though.

F2116A50-79F4-4770-915C-4BDD913A207E.jpeg

8B42194B-C094-4937-915F-BEE52A602E0C.jpeg

5B446E5B-29B5-4873-AC6E-4F0852F07355.jpeg

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I came across this video and well.. if it is correct, wouldn't it make all valved after market exhausts essentially useless in Australia?

Does anybody know anything about this? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Stedy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Manual (Inbound), Volvo XC60
I came across this video and well.. if it is correct, wouldn't it make all valved after market exhausts essentially useless in Australia?

Wow, OK. I'd be really interested to know more also. This vid is a few years old. Is it still the same on 23's?

How do all the Aussies find the stock exhausts compare to the vids online?

Stedy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Manual (Inbound), Volvo XC60

I guess this is where something like the XForce Varex and Smartbox system would come into it's own. It would remove valve control functionality from the ECU and allow for direct control via Bluetooth. No need to mess with the ECU or add additional warranty issue risks either.

Noots

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Prado

Saw this advertised, could be an option for those who'd like to run a valved aftermarket exhaust.

LHD model only at the moment, RHD in development apparently.

Screenshot_20231127_205849_Facebook.jpg

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Saw this advertised, could be an option for those who'd like to run a valved aftermarket exhaust.

LHD model only at the moment, RHD in development apparently.

Screenshot_20231127_205849_Facebook.jpg
Interesting. I personally don't like these after market add-ons and additional button presses. I've opted for an AWE non-valved solution in any case which hopefully bypasses any nanny's our Australian spec has built in.

Last edited:

iambak

First Name
Bak
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
hey guys, Iā€™ve been driving my supra for a bit now and I donā€™t feel a difference between normal mode and sports mode.

we also own a Kia stinger and thatā€™s what Iā€™m comparing it to, so on the stinger when I change it to sports mode I can feel the suspension stiffening up however on the supra I donā€™t feel anything.

Is there something wrong with the supra or am I comparing apples to oranges and to the people that have their supra is it the same experience for you?

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
hey guys, Iā€™ve been driving my supra for a bit now and I donā€™t feel a difference between normal mode and sports mode.

we also own a Kia stinger and thatā€™s what Iā€™m comparing it to, so on the stinger when I change it to sports mode I can feel the suspension stiffening up however on the supra I donā€™t feel anything.

Is there something wrong with the supra or am I comparing apples to oranges and to the people that have their supra is it the same experience for you?
I have to concur. Admittedly I have coded my car to start in sports mode (ASD also disabled) so I hardly drive in normal mode.. but the truth is I can't feel any difference.

I also find changing the individual sport settings makes no real difference either.

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

iambak

First Name
Bak
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I have to concur. Admittedly I have coded my car to start in sports mode (ASD also disabled) so I hardly drive in normal mode.. but the truth is I can't feel any difference.

I also find changing the individual sport settings makes no real difference either.

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I was hoping that the suspension got stiffer compared to normal mode, Iā€™ve coded the M-menu however iā€™m unable to select the drive modes or enable the M-hud.

Iā€™ll probably do the same and code to start in sports mode

SupeHamster

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Various
Wow, OK. I'd be really interested to know more also. This vid is a few years old. Is it still the same on 23's?

How do all the Aussies find the stock exhausts compare to the vids online?
It's the same in the '23, I tested mine when I saw the vid. Pretty lame.

The stock exhaust is pretty quiet from the cabin imo - still sounds alright but its mostly the active sound design making the noise

It took a while before I could feel the difference between normal/sport suspension settings. You really only notice it if you throw the car around a bit. It should be more responsive / less body roll in sport.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I was hoping that the suspension got stiffer compared to normal mode, Iā€™ve coded the M-menu however iā€™m unable to select the drive modes or enable the M-hud.

Iā€™ll probably do the same and code to start in sports mode
I haven't heard anyone have much luck with coding any HUD changes. My understanding is that we can't get the rev counter because we're missing physical modules.. but I'm not 100% sure.

This would really be the holy grail of coding.
Sponsored