The Official Australian WAITING FOR MY SUPRA Thread

Stedy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Manual (Inbound), Volvo XC60
Finally got the ADRO kit delivered today, anyone else getting the same kit?
Considering it, however there are a few other parts already on the list for when the car arrives. That BMW G8X steering wheel looks mighty fine also.

Keen to see some more photos of the Adro kit so if you can put some up once installed that'd be great. Did you get it direct from Adro AU?
Sponsored

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris Rallye
Considering it, however there are a few other parts already on the list for when the car arrives. That BMW G8X steering wheel looks mighty fine also.

Keen to see some more photos of the Adro kit so if you can put some up once installed that'd be great. Did you get it direct from Adro AU?
Will be installing them this Sunday, Iā€™ll send through some photos. Got them direct from Adro

iambak

First Name
Bak
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I got a call yesterday that my car would be ready for delivery this weekend just to get a call today to be notified that the licence plate bracket I specifically told them (multiple times) not to install has been installed on my car. So now they have to take it to a panel beater to get the holes repaired. Thats another week or two added to the wait šŸ˜”

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I got a call yesterday that my car would be ready for delivery this weekend just to get a call today to be notified that the licence plate bracket I specifically told them (multiple times) not to install has been installed on my car.
Fuckwits. Victoria?

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
I got a call yesterday that my car would be ready for delivery this weekend just to get a call today to be notified that the licence plate bracket I specifically told them (multiple times) not to install has been installed on my car. So now they have to take it to a panel beater to get the holes repaired. Thats another week or two added to the wait šŸ˜”
This is my concern. Which dealer? The guy I'm dealing with at my dealership I wouldn't trust to get his own name correct.

Phil

iambak

First Name
Bak
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
This is my concern. Which dealer? The guy I'm dealing with at my dealership I wouldn't trust to get his own name correct.

Phil
Pakenham Toyota, to be fair the sale person that Iā€™m dealing with is absolutely amazing, he showed me that heā€™s put notes on my file and contacted the stock controller to let them know not to mount that ugly ass bracket. Itā€™s just someone down the delivery line that wasnā€™t doing their job or couldnā€™t read.

I tried being a squeaky wheel but didnā€™t get the grease unfortunately.

I tell you I was praying and waiting for the sales person to tell me they were joking with me šŸ˜­

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Pakenham Toyota, to be fair the sale person that Iā€™m dealing with is absolutely amazing, he showed me that heā€™s put notes on my file and contacted the stock controller to let them know not to mount that ugly ass bracket. Itā€™s just someone down the delivery line that wasnā€™t doing their job or couldnā€™t read.

I tried being a squeaky wheel but didnā€™t get the grease unfortunately.

I tell you I was praying and waiting for the sales person to tell me they were joking with me šŸ˜­
Frustrating for sure. It's not like you are asking them to do something additional you're actually asking them to do less and they save the time.

Phil

DVK

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 GT86 GTS, 2012 GT86 GT 2023 GR Supra GTS
Does anyone know if there is an owners manual online for our cars? Iā€™ve looked but not had any luck bar some possibly dodgy download links.

Stedy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Unbelievable. Sorry to hear. I have forced my dealer to put it in the contract. He told me "it was in the notes" and "not to worry about it" because he "didn't want to have to redo the contract". I straight up refused to sign until he put it in there. The complete lack of effort was mind blowing. Hoping that at least I'll have some recourse in the contract if they stuff it up.

Good luck with the rest of the process

Stedy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

DVK

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 GT86 GTS, 2012 GT86 GT 2023 GR Supra GTS
I was very lucky with my dealer. His words when I had the discussion were, ā€˜we donā€™t even use the bracket on our demoā€™s. Why would we wreck someoneā€™s car. We just cable tie the dealer plate.ā€™

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Nooo! Sorry to hear man. It is so frustrating reading that. Why is it so hard... it's nuts. I hope they do a good job for you mate... then it's just around the corner!

I also came across this the other day. Relevant for this thread.

Thanks for the share <3
Sponsored