The Official Australian WAITING FOR MY SUPRA Thread

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Congrats to her….How long was the wait for her Z?
She's suppeerrr happy. It makes me happy, to see her keep walking into the garage to see it hah. She waited 8 months. Keep in mind, her car is 1. Auto and 2. No black roof. The delays for the Z are manual transmission and black roofs... So people who ordered a manual AND with a black roof = massive wait.

Gotta admit that looks cool as shit! Get her on track if she isn’t already… great to have a hobby y’all can do together ❤ - Are you close to the Albert Park Circuit?
Haha, thanks man <3 I've been encouraging her to come to a track or drag day with a few of us. She doesn't seem awfully interested in driving during an event. But I am trying to get her out! I thought it would be cool to get to drag your friends (we have a circle of about 6 of us - a new Civic Type R, N Hatch, N Sedan, GR Corolla and an 86). We are all close friends so I'm trying to use that to get her to have fun out there.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I was wondering if anyone has installed ZL1 rock guards for their supra specifically the rear gaurds. I am unsure of which option to purchase, as there are two options: 19-23 and 22+ with different mounting holes for the rears.
I bought these before the new 22+ revision came out. Not sure about everyone else but the originals fit my manual MY23 without any issues. 🤷‍♂️

Sidenote: I managed to install them without removing the wheels - the rears are tough but can be done with some ingenuity. Also, take care when bashing in the clips back in as they can bend easily and make sure you fit the guards in-between the plastic and metal of the wheel arch. Ask me how I know. 😩

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Well, After 10 months (almost to the day), tomorrow looks like the day. Maybe.

IMG_2651.png
Is that actually dealer prep? We have this on our window stickers $$$. But I don’t think they do anything other than watch it come off the auto transport truck to their dealer lot. They do wash them (sometimes) 😂 Or that’d be a picture if the car didn’t start. Sorry no faith in our dealers over here 👈🏼

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Yess!! Congrats man.

Is that actually dealer prep?
There are a few things to unlock once it arrives here. It isn't just drive off truck and hand over keys hah. My dealership had only seen 3 Supras since release... so it took them like 4 attempts just to unlock the GPS lol.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Yess!! Congrats man.

There are a few things to unlock once it arrives here. It isn't just drive off truck and hand over keys hah. My dealership had only seen 3 Supras since release... so it took them like 4 attempts just to unlock the GPS lol.
Nice to know your dealer is a Toyota "expert". While ever we laugh this sort of stuff off we'll get the same sort of " expertise".
Might not be so bad if they didn't beat owners over the head with the " only use us to service your new Toyota because nobody knows your Toyota like a Toyota dealer."

Phil

DVK

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 GT86 GTS, 2012 GT86 GT 2023 GR Supra GTS
Well, I should have guessed but Toyota have advised it’s not ready for delivery. The navigation update is still downloading. :rolleyes: On the bright side they are going to flat bed it to Exclusive Wraps for me which saves me a flight back to Brisbane. I had a tour of the Exclusive Wraps workshop today. Very impressive.

Bold3rs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Audi RSQ3, 2023 Supra mkv mt (ordered)
Well, I should have guessed but Toyota have advised it’s not ready for delivery. The navigation update is still downloading. :rolleyes: On the bright side they are going to flat bed it to Exclusive Wraps for me which saves me a flight back to Brisbane. I had a tour of the Exclusive Wraps workshop today. Very impressive.
I'm getting the same story with my Supra waiting for the GPS unlock codes from Toyota. Maybe Monday... I have put the guys off with the PPF so many times it's really becoming a joke with all the missed dates.

Wonder if I can just pick it up without the GPS unlock and return after the PPF is done?
Who are they using for the flatbed? The dealer has left it up to me and I'm not sure who I can trust with this in Brisbane.

Bold3rs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

IMG_2651.png
Just noticed that there is a yellow one in the background in this shot..which dealer are you using in Brisbane? :)

Stedy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Manual (Inbound), Volvo XC60
Hi All. Have been looking forward to the day I could post in this thread. Order placed last week for a MT, Fuji White. For anyone wondering, the dealer (in southern Sydney) provided an ETA of 9 months (so July 2024 ETA) however he also said that they have been seeing delivery times improve a little so with a bit of luck that will reduce. Agree with others comments in here though, it appears they really have no idea.

The goal is to do the Targa Tasmania Tour in 2025 so as long as it arrives with enough time to get all of that sorted, I'll be happy. If anyone else has done the TT Tour I'd be keen to hear about your experience.

Reactions: DVK

DVK

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 GT86 GTS, 2012 GT86 GT 2023 GR Supra GTS
Who are they using for the flatbed? The dealer has left it up to me and I'm not sure who I can trust with this in Brisbane.
No idea. They are organising it.

Just noticed that there is a yellow one in the background in this shot..which dealer are you using in Brisbane? :)
Toyota Moorooka You?

Bold3rs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No idea. They are organising it.

Toyota Moorooka You?
Same going to see it now..what are the chances seriously...I'm picking it up tomorrow without the GPS done and will come back after the PPF.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Hi All. Have been looking forward to the day I could post in this thread. Order placed last week for a MT, Fuji White. For anyone wondering, the dealer (in southern Sydney) provided an ETA of 9 months (so July 2024 ETA) however he also said that they have been seeing delivery times improve a little so with a bit of luck that will reduce. Agree with others comments in here though, it appears they really have no idea.
Dealers really have no idea. The whole Toyota ordering system is stupid.

Also, white seems to be the main colour being ordered at the moment. I keep seeing posts on FB from dealers trying to sell their in stock white MY23s. If you don't want to wait, it might be worth doing a ring around.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Dealers really have no idea. The whole Toyota ordering system is stupid.

Also, white seems to be the main colour being ordered at the moment. I keep seeing posts on FB from dealers trying to sell their in stock white MY23s. If you don't want to wait, it might be worth doing a ring around.
Got a call from my dealer muppet last Friday at 4:45PM, timed like a bad news government press release. They have a tentative build date of late next month for my Red Manual GTS with leather seats for probable/possible delivery late January. IF that comes off it will be 13 months since ordering. I asked him why fellow Aussies were taking delivery after 9 months ( I was promised 6-9 months wait) and had ordered at the same time as me and he waffled on for bit with rubbish. As for Toyota Australia well they are even worse than the dealer with coms. So the sales side is useless and the tech side are pretty much incompetent. Looks like a great ownership experience on the way. Lucky my cars never see the dealership again after I take delivery.

Phil

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
So the sales side is useless and the tech side are pretty much incompetent. Looks like a great ownership experience on the way. Lucky my cars never see the dealership again after I take delivery.

Phil
Any time you have a doubt you bought a BMW, take it in to a Toyota dealer and watch them fumble around and pretend they know how to work on the car. It's a fucking joke.

Pray you don't have any warranty work that needs to be done by the dealer.
Sponsored