THIS Is the Manual Toyota Supra [Official Release]

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Well wtf... How am i supposed to get a blue manual 3.0 premium then? the fuck is this shit toyota. Im not buying any other spec or markups. Seriously disappointed in this
Tell your dealer what you want, they'll tell Toyota, and then if it's in the allocation pool you'll get it.
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Well wtf... How am i supposed to get a blue manual 3.0 premium then? the fuck is this shit toyota. Im not buying any other spec or markups. Seriously disappointed in this
Its been like that since day one. And with covid dealers were lucky to get anything. You place an "order" and hope your exact spec is in the pipeline.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
So, GR released their press release! Some fun highlights:

• Weight reduction of 1.2 kg per wheel, contributing to improved ride comfort and handling stability due to resulting reduction in unsprung weight
  • Improved sound quality through optimal sound tuning of the JBL Premium Sound System
https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/37239649.html

CUL8RSAM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 340i F30 | GR Supra 3.0-MT on Order
I wonder what the update will be to the sound system. I did not want to wait and ordered my 22 and I actually am an audiophile so this might suck.
If youā€™re serious about audio, Iā€™d get an aftermarket solution. Iā€™m an audio engineer and I wouldnā€™t expect audiophile level audio out of harman sound system.

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
Hopefully its one of those software updates that just adds like a fake soundstage feature and that's it.
Honestly, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they just did @tadda ā€™s modifications. Maybe they added some ports to the trim piece šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

It could be entirely software, but wouldnā€™t be awesome if Toyota revised the trim piece to have ports already built in? Those who are apprehensive about cutting the ports themselves could just go to a Toyota dealership, order the relatively inexpensive trim piece, and have most of the benefits of this mod!

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/how-to-improve-oe-sub-bass-quality-and-eliminate-vibrations.5092/

Their vague ā€œoptimal sound tuningā€ suggests something fairly simple. If it was a new amplifier, or improved speakers, I think they would have worded it differently.

CUL8RSAM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 340i F30 | GR Supra 3.0-MT on Order
Hopefully its one of those software updates that just adds like a fake soundstage feature and that's it.
Why? I'd want all the issues with sound system ironed out. Isn't that how it works?

Early adopters usually sacrifice getting some bugs but the later models having them fixed.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Its been like that since day one. And with covid dealers were lucky to get anything. You place an "order" and hope your exact spec is in the pipeline.
Pathetic. I order new M240i. Its being built as I ordered it. Toyota is new to the make a car by order game? Esp one in this price category. No thats utter dog shite. Paint is not in short supply. SO literally one cannot go to a given dealer and order a 3.0 with a manual is fkn blue? Its a guess as to what you will find waiting for your money?? LOL Really?

Jesus you can order shit box small Fiat and get what you want. What is this fkn Ferrari now - be happy we sell you one at all LOL?????????? Da Funk? :)

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Pathetic. I order new M240i. Its being built as I ordered it. Toyota is new to the make a car by order game? Esp one in this price category. No thats utter dog shite. Paint is not in short supply. SO literally one cannot go to a given dealer and order a 3.0 with a manual is fkn blue? Its a guess as to what you will find waiting for your money?? LOL Really?

Jesus you can order shit box small Fiat and get what you want. What is this fkn Ferrari now - be happy we sell you one at all LOL?????????? Da Funk? :)
Why you getting mad at me. Go tell that to toyota. Youre not paying for the car up front. If the allocation isn't what you want you can say no and wait for the next one to come in.

I dont know why they do it like that.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Why you getting mad at me. Go tell that to toyota. Youre not paying for the car up front. If the allocation isn't what you want you can say no and wait for the next one to come in.

I dont know why they do it like that.
Venting with smile. Hardly angry its a car. I feel bad for those who simply want a color are told.........well maybe you get this. So much for customer service or value for money. Its fkd.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
MT Supra getting all sorts of panties in a bunch.
No its Corporate greed. Its 2022. Paint is not in short supply. Tech and chips maybe. Not paint. You should be able to order a Supra as you desire. IN a configuration you want. Thats not fkn rocket science - its soooooooooooo not about a fkn gearbox.

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
Below is the full press release for your perusal. Lots of details in there!
"All 2023 GR Supra 3.0 models, both AT and MT versions, will benefit from a retuned suspension with re-tuned shock absorbers for improved roll balance and ride comfort."

Also the SCCA is likely to move the manual to A-street due to the lighter weight and retuned suspension. I wonder also wonder if the returned suspension has stronger springs.
Also very curious as to what exactly they changed with the suspension for "improved roll balance", roll bars, bushings, spring rates?
Sponsored