THIS Is the Manual Toyota Supra [Official Release]

Rasp58

First Name
Patryk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW 330xi
I did manage to get a deposit in at my local Toyota dealer in January for a manual supra. 1st in line as well!

Recently spoke with my sales guy, he told me that sometime early/mid this month they will be getting an allocation update hoping they have the manual supras in there!

Really crossing my fingers for a CU Later Grey A91-MT. But at the end of the day so long as it isnā€™t yellow or red Iā€™m jumping on that first car that hits the lot!
Sponsored

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
It's by design. They aren't going to fix it because it will hurt MPG's. The car is made as slippery as possible, and the buffeting is because of it. A lot of Porsches have the same issue.
So you think that adding a tiny deflector on the side mirrors is going to have a measurable negative effect on fuel economy? Seriously?

It's not. If anything, redirecting the air away from the cabin while the windows are down will help fuel economy. But either way, it's not going to make any measurable difference at all.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
So you think that adding a tiny deflector on the side mirrors is going to have a measurable negative effect on fuel economy? Seriously?

It's not. If anything, redirecting the air away from the cabin while the windows are down will help fuel economy. But either way, it's not going to make any measurable difference at all.
Not going to argue. A wind deflector adds drag. However small. Simple as that.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350

Same crew that believes Tada-sanā€™s bullshit about thoughtfully putting fake vents on and a 4 cylinder in the MKV to ā€œassistā€ consumers in modifying this car.

lolā€¦wind buffeting was specifically engineered into the Supra to make it extra slippery.

FriedPickles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Auto Start-Stop is on because of that extremely tiny efficiency gain. 1 MPG on the EPA test translates into $$$$ at the end of the day for Toyota. Same reason they wont update to include wind deflectors, however small they might impact efficiency

puppers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT
Iā€™m chuckling here, I wrapped my Supra in what appears to be Stratosphere Blue
DA8EABF3-A0D1-49E7-9BCE-C74443D8FF48.png
46684509-60DC-4B95-A793-07DDCF974459.jpeg
What wrap color is this called?! I love it!

CUL8RSAM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 340i F30 | GR Supra 3.0-MT on Order
Auto Start-Stop is on because of that extremely tiny efficiency gain. 1 MPG on the EPA test translates into $$$$ at the end of the day for Toyota. Same reason they wont update to include wind deflectors, however small they might impact efficiency
In that case if the wind deflectors add so much drag, the heritage edition with the hoop wing would never have happened. Cuz you know, spoilers also add drag.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
Not going to argue. A wind deflector adds drag. However small. Simple as that.
I agree, it does. So does a lady bug holding on for dear life on the glass. But that drag isn't going to have any measurable effect on fuel economy. Let's be real.
Sponsored