Thunderhill April 25th

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Damn what happened? Shit. That looks like a costly repair.
He said a Miata cut him off but witnesses said otherwise.
Generally speaking, if your goal is to come home without damaging your car, it is highly unlikely anything will happen because the rules keep everyone safe and from crashing into each other. However, there are plenty of stories of people pushing past their capabilities and going off track and damaging their cars. The responsibility is on each driver to stay within their capabilities. Itā€™s very rare that people collide in the lower groups because safety violations are quickly dealt with.
Sponsored

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
Did you go? I never did talk to anyone that looks at this forum much.
This Supra owner didnā€™t have such a good time. He was bragging about all his mods and track time right before this run... thatā€™s him on the phone standing behind the car. I got the impression he was a bit spoiled.
Yep, I was there Saturday - did not see that Supra - we had no incidents for any car as far as I could tell. Few went off track in group 3, but they were quickly reminded in the download meeting to drive the line and that most went off because they had shit lines.

I was in the blue Supra Group 2. There were 2 Ref Blues out there, one in group 1 and myself. Also I think there were 3 other supras out there, I didn't get a chance to meet anyone which sucks. Maybe next time.

Thatā€™s awesome! Sonoma is tons of fun and a little less intimidating due to the lack of blind corners and high speed corners.
Except for walls =) Going off at Thunderhill usually means bruised ego, raised heartrate, and a lot of dirt and dust in side your car!

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Yep, I was there Saturday - did not see that Supra - we had no incidents for any car as far as I could tell. Few went off track in group 3, but they were quickly reminded in the download meeting to drive the line and that most went off because they had shit lines.

I was in the blue Supra Group 2. There were 2 Ref Blues out there, one in group 1 and myself. Also I think there were 3 other supras out there, I didn't get a chance to meet anyone which sucks. Maybe next time.

Except for walls =) Going off at Thunderhill usually means bruised ego, raised heartrate, and a lot of dirt and dust in side your car!
Yep, the kid who went off track in the Supra was in group 3 with me. It happened during the second afternoon run for group 3. I was in the Silver #21 Supra parked near the fuel pumps. I skipped the first run on both days and showed up at 10:30 each morning.

Only "mod" to my car is a set of Hoosier R7's and some track pads and I was putting down 2:04's and 2:05's pretty consistently. The Supra is a track beast. A NASA instructor in his C7 couldn't stay with me for more than a 1/4 lap.

Too bad we didn't meet up. I talked to anyone in a Supra standing near their car and asked if they'd posted to this forum and everyone said no. I couldn't remember your screen name. Maybe next time.

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 5.06.35 PM.jpeg

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
Yea I was in the blue Supra in the instructor's tent area since I couldn't find parking in the group 2 section haha. But was fun hanging out with the instructors
Sponsored