TimM.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Signed up for HPDE1 on Feb 20th. Going to be my first time at a track. Really excited! Hope it doesn't rain.

My car is gonna be bone stock. You guys running any mods on your cars?
Regarding the possibility of rain... The long range forecast currently shows about a 25% chance of rain for both Feb 20th and 21st. Keeping in mind that long-range forecasts aren't very accurate, I still decided to cancel my complimentary track days due to the possibility that it might rain. In order to not lose credit for your complimentary day...

"The NASA HPDE cancellation policy requires a minimum of 7-days notice before your scheduled event. If for any reason you are unable to attend please send us an email at [email protected] or call us at 844-477-8772. You will forfeit your complimentary track day if we do not hear from you 7-days prior to your event. Regretfully, we cannot make any exceptions to this policy."

Some people really enjoy sharpening their skills on a wet track, but that's not why I go to the track, and the one time I did do a wet track day, it was miserable. Low G-forces and spent all day feathering the throttle and wishing I could unleash the POWER! I'll be signing up for Sonoma now.
Sponsored

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Regarding the possibility of rain... The long range forecast currently shows about a 25% chance of rain for both Feb 20th and 21st. Keeping in mind that long-range forecasts aren't very accurate, I still decided to cancel my complimentary track days due to the possibility that it might rain. In order to not lose credit for your complimentary day...

"The NASA HPDE cancellation policy requires a minimum of 7-days notice before your scheduled event. If for any reason you are unable to attend please send us an email at [email protected] or call us at 844-477-8772. You will forfeit your complimentary track day if we do not hear from you 7-days prior to your event. Regretfully, we cannot make any exceptions to this policy."

Some people really enjoy sharpening their skills on a wet track, but that's not why I go to the track, and the one time I did do a wet track day, it was miserable. Low G-forces and spent all day feathering the throttle and wishing I could unleash the POWER! I'll be signing up for Sonoma now.
I was planning to wait until Friday to get a more accurate weather forecast before deciding to cancel or not. If it is only a low chance of rain I'm probably gonna go anyway and hope for the best.

OP
OP
TimM.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
I was planning to wait until Friday to get a more accurate weather forecast before deciding to cancel or not. If it is only a low chance of rain I'm probably gonna go anyway and hope for the best.
I don't blame you. I would be waiting for a more accurate forecast picture too if I didn't just go to the track 2 days ago. Fingers crossed for ya. Track days are addictive. You're gonna love it.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I'm still going to go. I dont plan on taking this car to the track too often and i had a grand time putting my car sideways at autocross. I think i'm just going to hope for the best.

OP
OP
TimM.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
I'm still going to go. I dont plan on taking this car to the track too often and i had a grand time putting my car sideways at autocross. I think i'm just going to hope for the best.
If you're like me, once you've been on the track, driving around cones in a parking lot just isn't the same. It's kind'a like going from the kiddie side of the amusement park to the big rollercoaster side. That first hill is really scary, but the smile on your face after the ride is plastered there for days!

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you're like me, once you've been on the track, driving around cones in a parking lot just isn't the same. It's kind'a like going from the kiddie side of the amusement park to the big rollercoaster side. That first hill is really scary, but the smile on your face after the ride is plastered there for days!
I was on the track once in a 570S and it was super fun. Theres something different about Autocross for me though. its a different kind of rush. We'll see if it hits any different when its in my own car, but either way i'm excited.

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Did anyone get a schedule for tomorrowā€™s event they were supposed to send it out on Wednesday but I didnā€™t get any emails

OP
OP
TimM.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Awesome day for it fellas! Hope you had a blast!

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It was a ton of fun. I got really tired on the last run so i dipped out a bit early but man its a rush. in a small way i think i enjoy Autocross a bit more right now, but i also think its because the speed kinda scares me a bit. I'm really looking forward to my next track day however.

OP
OP
TimM.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
It was a ton of fun. I got really tired on the last run so i dipped out a bit early but man its a rush. in a small way i think i enjoy Autocross a bit more right now, but i also think its because the speed kinda scares me a bit. I'm really looking forward to my next track day however.
Awesome! Of the 3 local tracks we have (Sonoma, Laguna, Thunder) Thunder Hill ranks a solid 3rd. Sooner or later I'll make it out to Thunder Hill in the Supra but I'm not sure when. I was just out at Laguna Seca on Saturday and it's such a beast at that track. Just the right amount of power and grip (with the Mich Pilot Sp Cup 2's). I'm signed up for Laguna again March 27th with Trackmasters Racing. I CAN'T WAIT!

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
I think you would of enjoyed it more if you could have the instructor in-car, the advantage there is they can give real-time feedback on your driving

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think you would of enjoyed it more if you could have the instructor in-car, the advantage there is they can give real-time feedback on your driving
Well i enjoyed it well enough, i just still think at the end of the day i prefer Autocross. Its just a different type of HPDE and it aligns more with what i like to do with my cars.

CaptCanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai ES
Hi folks - apologies for the thread bump for a tangential question - but it looks like you guys will know the answer :)
What are you doing to handle the buffeting? Laguna, Thunderhill, Willow, etc... will all see speeds well over 100mph and my reading in the buffeting fix threads, is that most people are driving them at respectable highway speeds or less.

I'm not a heavy track day guy, maybe 2-4 year, but with the windows down requirement on track, was wondering about faffing about for 3rd party workarounds. Thanks!

Thhirsch

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 edition Supra
Hi folks - apologies for the thread bump for a tangential question - but it looks like you guys will know the answer :)
What are you doing to handle the buffeting? Laguna, Thunderhill, Willow, etc... will all see speeds well over 100mph and my reading in the buffeting fix threads, is that most people are driving them at respectable highway speeds or less.

I'm not a heavy track day guy, maybe 2-4 year, but with the windows down requirement on track, was wondering about faffing about for 3rd party workarounds. Thanks!
I got anti-wind buffeters from Verus for about $200, I know AMS makes them for around the same price, and Iā€™ve heard of people getting them for lessā€”not sure from where.
Sponsored