Tips for installing a carbon fiber lip spoiler?

One_Supra_1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I ordered a Rexspeed spoiler off Speed Industry and installed it with the included 3m automotive tape. Prepped the trunk, peeled the tape, and... it somewhat worked. Now I have a spoiler thats completely glued down on the left side and starting to raise pretty badly on the right side.

Im not sure what to do from here, should I just take it off and redo all the tape, or possibly use some other type of adhesive method instead? I might be able to slide another sliver of tape between the raided gap, but im afraid it’ll look wonky when its all said and done. (Preferably nothing permanent)
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I ordered a Rexspeed spoiler off Speed Industry and installed it with the included 3m automotive tape. Prepped the trunk, peeled the tape, and... it somewhat worked. Now I have a spoiler thats completely glued down on the left side and starting to raise pretty badly on the right side.

Im not sure what to do from here, should I just take it off and redo all the tape, or possibly use some other type of adhesive method instead? I might be able to slide another sliver of tape between the raided gap, but im afraid it’ll look wonky when its all said and done. (Preferably nothing permanent)
Take it off and redo the tape. Make sure it's 50 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit, apply pressure for a few minutes until it's bonded. Partial bonding occurs within 20 minutes, full bonding sure occur with in 24 hours. I won't drive it until it's fully cured.

Drakov

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Did it fit flush without the tape? I know a few of us bought the Rexpeed v4 and had to return it because it didn't fit flush. On mine, the right side didn't fit flush. I tried to put extra tape on that side to resolve but it didn't help and ended up returning. I decided to wait for the 2022 factory carbon version, hopefully it's real carbon this time and doesn't require drilling. If it's more than $1000 I'll probably try the automodz version instead as it seems pretty good.

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
The black plastic toyota one is close to $1000 so I bet the CF will be that much if not more. That’s also assuming they can release it on time. Lol

Drakov

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Yeah, I'm being hopeful lol. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer for factory fitment to decide...