NewGuy

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
Call around I know my local dealer said they have some coming in between Dec-Jan and that one was not sold yet. I suspect most of them will have a markup though.
Yeah.. I'd be surprised if they didn't have a markup. I'm in no rush so I'll shop around next year.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
We've gone from steep discounts to markups in 2 seconds. Such crazy times..
I bought my FRS back in August 2012 with no markup. Maybe there was less hype on the car back then, certainly not at Supra level, but I suppose everyone knows about GT86 with bigger engine now and can contribute to some markups besides the whole supply chain issues..
Man! Is Camry marked up.
What bothers me more is getting a new car without all the promised features.. Darn shortages!
Will MY22's get the HUD? BMW had announced no more HUD and gesture, lumbar support, etc. on German made BMW's.. Wonder if that'll affect Austria...

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
We've gone from steep discounts to markups in 2 seconds. Such crazy times..
I bought my FRS back in August 2012 with no markup. Maybe there was less hype on the car back then, certainly not at Supra level, but I suppose everyone knows about GT86 with bigger engine now and can contribute to some markups besides the whole supply chain issues..
Man! Is Camry marked up.
What bothers me more is getting a new car without all the promised features.. Darn shortages!
Will MY22's get the HUD? BMW had announced no more HUD and gesture, lumbar support, etc. on German made BMW's.. Wonder if that'll affect Austria...
Yes it's crazy times and I don't see it changing for another 6-12 months (assuming we don't have more challenges with future Covid variants worldwide). This is the very worst time to buy a new car it seems unless you can offset it with a trade-in/used car sale that makes up the difference.

nateog

First Name
nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra A91-CF Edition (Absolute Zero)
It's made by Magna Steyr in Austria (which is going into Covid Lockdown), I am guessing few parts are made directly by BMW and are mostly sourced from other sources. Hopefully they can churn them out too. But yeah not really related directly to Toyota.
it amazes me that here, on this forum, more people ā€” youā€™d guess Supra owners or at least fans if youā€™re on this forum ā€” donā€™t know this!

thanks for letting those who donā€™t know, know

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Bring on the GR Corolla
Not lying... I'd buy one - as long as it was similar to the GR Yaris and not just a body kit and hood scoop. Make it a CTR competitor for under $35K and it sounds like a great 'disposable' to share miles with my MKV. ;)

OP
OP
NewGuy

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
Not lying... I'd buy one - as long as it was similar to the GR Yaris and not just a body kit and hood scoop. Make it a CTR competitor for under $35K and it sounds like a great 'disposable' to share miles with my MKV. ;)
I've read online that the GR Corolla should have around 268hp. That's more than the GR86 which has 228hp. I wonder if the GR Corolla will take from the GR86's sales?

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I've read online that the GR Corolla should have around 268hp. That's more than the GR86 which has 228hp. I wonder if the GR Corolla will take from the GR86's sales?
Possibly. I think most people looking for a true sports car however wouldn't really cross shop the two. Maybe if someone with a limited budget and a baby was a determined Toyota brand loyalist they'd get one as opposed to MKV/GR86 but most would be wanting 2 seats and RWD at a minimum I would think.

I'm actually interested more in the differences since I've got the MKV... having something reasonably fun but with 4 doors and a back seat that's well under $40K is ideal. If it's a ~270hp version of the I3 Yaris engine with AWD and a 6MT... that should scratch all of my "itches" nicely. ;)

Now to see what corners get cut on the way to the actual showrooms, and what the economy looks like at the time. At the current rate... might wind up being $50K+ with "market adjustments" by the time they arrive. LOL

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
It all depends if the next STI is just as hideous as the new WRX. Toyota dropped a teaser about the GR Corolla and it's getting a 6MT with the GR Yaris engine. I'm buying an AWD daily driver next year for winters, but it depends on what the STI looks like, and how much power it's getting and how they compare in price.
Sponsored