Toyota Extends the GR Supra Range with Exclusive New Jarama Racetrack Edition / Jarama Racetrack Edition info

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Would love it if the software update also worked for the standard Supra to get Android Auto. Subbed here to keep an eye out on the Android Auto thing.
Tiny update. I contacted Toyota Belgium. They again stated new Supra's in Belgium should have Android Auto, or atleast very very soon. After that statement, they just said I need to contact Toyota Germany for my vehicle (since I imported it from Germany).

I guess that's the way Toyota handles these questions :rolleyes: Quite disappointing.

I sent out the same question to Toyota Germany. Up till now, no response. (+- 3 working days)
Sponsored

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Tiny update. I contacted Toyota Belgium. They again stated new Supra's in Belgium should have Android Auto, or atleast very very soon......
I would love to be wrong here, but there is a 99.5% chance it's a huge typo (or just copied and pasted the Android Auto bit from another Toyota model that's not made by BMW ? ). I have never seen an iDrive 6 with Android Auto fitted from the factory. But i'd be interested to hear what they have to say as well.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Jarama?

I have the 2020 Tikitiki Euro-tembo Racetrack Pothole Street Edition.

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jarama?

I have the 2020 Tikitiki Euro-tembo Racetrack Pothole Street Edition.
Give us some slack. We never got the higher powered A91 or any other American edition in Europe. Let us poor Euro's have something nice ?

Except maybe for the 2.0 Fuji speedway
Side note: Jarama is the Spanish racetrack where Toyota introduced the Supra to automotive journalists.

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fingers crossed then! Watching this thread as I've just ordered one here in the UK.

I did get in touch with Toyota UK who just stated that the product page itself for the UK doesn't mention Android Auto and they don't know anything more, dealer wasn't sure either - try and speak to Toyota Europe about the article is what I got back from Toyota UK :rolleyes:.

I'm half expecting it's a copy paste/typo like starman suggests, but hopefully not. Maybe it's actually a different head unit box in the car that they can update?

Wonder if pnwitasha made any progress with this too: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/an...e-idrive-system-in-a90-supra.5366/#post-95612

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
99% chance there will be no Android Auto in any vehicle with iDrive 6. Wouldn't hold your breath for it. Think its a hardware performance/capability issue not a software issue.

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do we know it's definitely still the iDrive 6 HU in the Jarama and not something else? If so then you're 99.99999% right!

Kev12

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Jarama
Well, it is full screen Apple carplay out of the box...

Markus88

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 Jarama Edition
Hello,

Will the a91 also come to Europe ? I hear different opinions about it here.

Thanks

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Hello,

Will the a91 also come to Europe ? I hear different opinions about it here.

Thanks
No. The A91 Edition is a North America only edition.

Europe will have it's own Special Edition in the Horizon Blue paint, but it's not the "A91"

Markus88

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 Jarama Edition
Thanks. So there will be no Tuning Problems with the current Version ?

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Like Danny said. Europe only has the Jarama edition which seems to have the same color as the A91 editions.

Europe doesn't get an A91 nor higher output engine due to emissions rules (hurray for sports cars :rolleyes:)

Thanks. So there will be no Tuning Problems with the current Version ?
Can you define the tuning problems? As far as we know there are no oil issues on the lesser output design of the engine. The latest available Supra's do have a new ECU though, so tuning is (at the time of writing) not yet possible.
Only piggyback tuning is possible.

Also keep in mind that we have the dreaded OPF (otto particulate filter) in our exhausts. So an exhaust without OPF needs to be coded out of the ECU (afaik).

Markus88

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 Jarama Edition
Yes i meant the current Tuning Problems with the new Bosch ECU.

Thank you all :)

Reactions: B54

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So... Quite some stuff happened in the meantime.

My Jarama interior emblems are on their way from Toyota.
They had no idea why my vehicle was delivered without them.

Also some major info. It seems Toyota goofed up badly in their press statements about the Jarama. It will not get Android Auto. Due to this, they offered me a voucher of 500euro as compensation. Since I don't really like vouchers, I asked for a third-party system that adds Android Auto to the infotainment system (Bimmertech's MMI Prime).

They agreed with this as form of compensation and also offered to have it installed at the dealer for me. Since the install is straightforward, I will do it myself.

Make sure you contact Toyota in your country about Android Auto for your Jarama edition ;)
Sponsored