Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
83505603-788277531649960-8447842810563588027-n.jpg

Another day, another #A90 #Supra in the books! This one was fitted with a Pure Turbo and is running 93 octane with a modest methanol kit. Blue line = Stock Tune / Red line = Custom Tune w/ Pure Turbo and Methanol. This Mustang dyno reads 18% low as compared to the usual Dynojet. ✔477whp/494wtq (563whp/583wtq Dynojet Corrected)

✔93 Octane w/ methanol injection

✔@pureturbos Pure Turbo

✔Stock Intake w/ Drop-in filter

✔Downpipe

✔Tuner: JordanTuned
Sponsored

Kiketech

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
83505603-788277531649960-8447842810563588027-n.jpg

Another day, another #A90 #Supra in the books! This one was fitted with a Pure Turbo and is running 93 octane with a modest methanol kit. Blue line = Stock Tune / Red line = Custom Tune w/ Pure Turbo and Methanol. This Mustang dyno reads 18% low as compared to the usual Dynojet. ✔477whp/494wtq (563whp/583wtq Dynojet Corrected)

✔93 Octane w/ methanol injection

✔@pureturbos Pure Turbo

✔Stock Intake w/ Drop-in filter

✔Downpipe

✔Tuner: JordanTuned
know the owner and know the shop very well... congrats to all, another good tune from Jordan

OP
OP
Extreme Power House

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
except below 3100rpm. Therefore, "seems laggy"
Why would you even consider the area under 3000 RPM? you are not going to be in that RPM range during any pull

nksupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Because that’s the area you give up when going to a larger turbo! Any larger turbo will always spool slower than stock unless the upgrade was to something with significantly lighter components (which this isn’t). So you always have to pay attention to the area lost to better analyse whether this upgrade is it worth going for for your particular requirements.

On another note, is that stock run also catless and tuned by Jordan? It does not seem like it is because it looks like a stock map. Because that is the only way to analyse the pure turbo, purely itself vs stock turbo with all else being equal

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
Between 0 and 3000 is indeed the band where you would be in for 99% of the time when you drive the car daily.
So I agree with nksupra regarding that part. Not everybody is in it to drag/race it, but there is a market for people who want more power but don't want to sacrifice that torque/power in the lower part of the RPM range.

So yes, that why it is good to see the graphs of different turbo's in practice.

OP
OP
Extreme Power House

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Because that’s the area you give up when going to a larger turbo! Any larger turbo will always spool slower than stock unless the upgrade was to something with significantly lighter components (which this isn’t). So you always have to pay attention to the area lost to better analyse whether this upgrade is it worth going for for your particular requirements.
In theory yes, but in this case you are not doing a major upgrade. Meaning you are not replacing the stock turbo with a big single turbo for max HP on high RPM.

This is a very balance upgrade which shows that you do not get any lag (as mentioned before the area under 3000 RPM should be ignored since you wont be making any highway pull under that RPM)

On another note, is that stock run also catless and tuned by Jordan? It does not seem like it is because it looks like a stock map. Because that is the only way to analyse the pure turbo, purely itself vs stock turbo with all else being equal
the dyno is comparing fully stock vs upgraded turbo w/ custom tune

Between 0 and 3000 is indeed the band where you would be in for 99% of the time when you drive the car daily.
So I agree with nksupra regarding that part. Not everybody is in it to drag/race it, but there is a market for people who want more power but don't want to sacrifice that torque/power in the lower part of the RPM range.

So yes, that why it is good to see the graphs of different turbo's in practice.
you are comparing regular driving to a dyno pull. When you are driving under the 3000 RPM there is no lag because you are not spooling your turbo.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
you are comparing regular driving to a dyno pull. When you are driving under the 3000 RPM there is no lag because you are not spooling your turbo.
I think his point is more that you are (spooling already) on the stock turbo. You're correct that as a rolling drag car or dyno-queen this is superior without question... as a DD I would expect it to feel decently less responsive vs. stock however. At the least the "nearly instantaneous torque" of the stock configuration is substantially diminished.

Suzuka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra/Downshift Blue
is meth required when upgrading the turbo? kinda new to this and it’s been annoying me for a while. i’d rather not inject meth.

OP
OP
Extreme Power House

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
is meth required when upgrading the turbo? kinda new to this and it’s been annoying me for a while. i’d rather not inject meth.
Not mandatory

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Anything under 3000rpm is not laggy at all. The factory car makes full torque at ~2000rpm, so, you could assume you would be seeing positive manifold pressure at 1500rpm - even with this bigger turbo

With the 8 close ratios in the ZF8, I would be surprised if you ever went lower than 3000rpm at full noise, and even so, If you had a dyno curve of boost pressure vs rpm I bet my left testicle you'd have boost by 2000rpm with this set up.

it is not laggy in the faintest sense of the word

OP
OP
Extreme Power House

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Anything under 3000rpm is not laggy at all. The factory car makes full torque at ~2000rpm, so, you could assume you would be seeing positive manifold pressure at 1500rpm - even with this bigger turbo

With the 8 close ratios in the ZF8, I would be surprised if you ever went lower than 3000rpm at full noise, and even so, If you had a dyno curve of boost pressure vs rpm I bet my left testicle you'd have boost by 2000rpm with this set up.

it is not laggy in the faintest sense of the word
+1

EastCoastSupra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Harley Lowrider S, 2016 Ducati Monster 1200R, 2018 Shelby Raptor, 2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition #1019
Vehicle Showcase
It looks good. I’m debating going with a big turbo due to the trans issues. I’m looking at installing a g351050

what are your thoughts?
Sponsored