TPMS Question

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
I’m getting new wheels so I will need new TPMS on my new wheels. Can I not just reuse the ones I have on my existing wheels and have them re-mount them to the new wheels? Also if this is done I’m assuming that each monitor needs to be located on the same wheel side it came from correct? Anything else I should know to do this correctly?
Sponsored

Im_Bradical

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I’m getting new wheels so I will need new TPMS on my new wheels. Can I not just reuse the ones I have on my existing wheels and have them re-mount them to the new wheels? Also if this is done I’m assuming that each monitor needs to be located on the same wheel side it came from correct? Anything else I should know to do this correctly?
Yes, you can reuse the same sensors. It is always recommended to use new hardware, basically the nut and a rubber grommet that ensure a leak proof seal. Assuming you're taking it to a wheel/tire shop they should do that anyway.

You do not need to mount the sensor on the same exact location it was removed. The Supra (BMW) is extremely easy to relearn.