Disable active TPMS

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
If you are a circuit track guy or a drag racer, and you don't use in-wheel TPMS sensors anymore and want to get rid of the annoying TPMS error msg...

This step-by-step will disable the TPMS system and revert the car to using a wheel speed based TPMS (Like Volkswagens). So you will still get an alert if a tire loses pressure, but you will get rid of the annoying missing TPMS errors!

This has been tested by myself and other supra owners in the Discord Secret Society of Supra Track Guys. (DSSSTG)

Requirements:
Bimmergeeks Protool app (android only)
Protool Master License
OBD wifi adapter (Kies, Thor, or anything from Bimmergeeks) I used Thor

Steps:
  1. Put car into accessory mode by pushing start button without foot on the brake.
  2. Buckle seat belt (keeps car from going to sleep)
  3. Enter diagnostic mode by tapping the start button three times fast (without foot on brake!)
  4. Connect to car with Protools app
  5. In Protools navigate to Vehicle --> Vehicle Order --> Edit
  6. From the installed menu, remove/uncheck option 2VB from the vehicle order.
  7. Actions -> Save
  8. Protool will calculate the modules that need to be recoded, follow the app's prompts, and recode the modules it prompts for.
  9. Done
If you have any coding like auto start/stop off, start in sport mode, screen brightness, etc. It will get overwritten by this and you will need to reapply those changes.

Have fun!
Sponsored

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
As a member of the Discord Secret Society of Supra Track Guys, I can in full confidence confirm this works as intended.

Antiq8ted_Ex0

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
two dumb questions:

will this disable the pressure readout in the head unit? for example, if i still keep a set of sensors on say, a winter/street set

Is the protool master license tied to a VIN or your phone? I really want to do this but the license seems pricey for a one-time use, if I don't plan on touching the other modules. if its phone, maybe someone can go halfsies with me and we can share a burner phone...

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
two dumb questions:

will this disable the pressure readout in the head unit? for example, if i still keep a set of sensors on say, a winter/street set

Is the protool master license tied to a VIN or your phone? I really want to do this but the license seems pricey for a one-time use, if I don't plan on touching the other modules. if its phone, maybe someone can go halfsies with me and we can share a burner phone...
Yes, it will disable pressure readout.

Protool is not tied to a VIN. Device, not sure.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
If you are a circuit track guy or a drag racer, and you don't use in-wheel TPMS sensors anymore and want to get rid of the annoying TPMS error msg...

This step-by-step will disable the TPMS system and revert the car to using a wheel speed based TPMS (Like Volkswagens). So you will still get an alert if a tire loses pressure, but you will get rid of the annoying missing TPMS errors!

This has been tested by myself and other supra owners in the Discord Secret Society of Supra Track Guys. (DSSSTG)

Requirements:
Bimmergeeks Protool app (android only)
Protool Master License
OBD wifi adapter (Kies, Thor, or anything from Bimmergeeks) I used Thor

Steps:
  1. Put car into accessory mode by pushing start button without foot on the brake.
  2. Buckle seat belt (keeps car from going to sleep)
  3. Enter diagnostic mode by tapping the start button three times fast (without foot on brake!)
  4. Connect to car with Protools app
  5. In Protools navigate to Vehicle --> Vehicle Order --> Edit
  6. From the installed menu, remove/uncheck option 2VB from the vehicle order.
  7. Actions -> Save
  8. Protool will calculate the modules that need to be recoded, follow the app's prompts, and recode the modules it prompts for.
  9. Done
If you have any coding like auto start/stop off, start in sport mode, screen brightness, etc. It will get overwritten by this and you will need to reapply those changes.

Have fun!
Can you get away with just purchasing the coding license?

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
two dumb questions:

You can share licenses. All you need is the email / password login for the account.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honestly I can't remember if you can or not. I would ask them.
Did you pull any fuses? I sent them an email and it had this

Note: Make sure that the RDC is located and unplugged before handling this coding. (Some vehicles have the RDC integrated into the DSC, make sure to pull the fuse in this case.)

I think I found fuse 29 to be the one in question. Have you had any lights or automatic breaking/nannies engage?

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Did you pull any fuses? I sent them an email and it had this

Note: Make sure that the RDC is located and unplugged before handling this coding. (Some vehicles have the RDC integrated into the DSC, make sure to pull the fuse in this case.)

I think I found fuse 29 to be the one in question. Have you had any lights or automatic breaking/nannies engage?
No, no, and no.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I coded mine. Worked great. Wondering if there is other dsc coding options like in the f series.

dchan8

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
This is awesome. I wish there is an IOS app that I could use.
Sponsored