Any way to disable wireless charger pad?

OP
OP
aldwin1999

aldwin1999

First Name
Aldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
Disabled mine right away. Popped it out, disconnected the connector, put it back. Everything is better now.
Oh no way, how do you pop it out? Wasn't sure where and how to yank it out
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Oh no way, how do you pop it out? Wasn't sure where and how to yank it out
If you're 2021+ there is a plastic cover on top, you remove that by pushing the sides towards the middle, then there is a "tab" on the actual map. You can pop it out with a pry tool.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
If you're 2021+ there is a plastic cover on top, you remove that by pushing the sides towards the middle, then there is a "tab" on the actual map. You can pop it out with a pry tool.
Thanks, I will give this a shot.

Like others have reported, the charger is worse than useless. On my iPhone it just overheats it without actually charging.

Emspilot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Is this at all related to which iPhone people have? My iPhone 13 Pro gets warm but charges just fine on the pad….

OP
OP
aldwin1999

aldwin1999

First Name
Aldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
Is this at all related to which iPhone people have? My iPhone 13 Pro gets warm but charges just fine on the pad….
It's a natural consequence of wireless charging for all phones, its a very inefficient way to charge your phone. The wasted energy comes off as heat which is super bad for the phone battery + performance while its hot.

I opted to just get a magnetic phone mount for my phone, easier to grab/use quickly and use the wireless charger pad for my wallet

Emspilot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
It's a natural consequence of wireless charging for all phones, its a very inefficient way to charge your phone. The wasted energy comes off as heat which is super bad for the phone battery + performance while its hot.

I opted to just get a magnetic phone mount for my phone, easier to grab/use quickly and use the wireless charger pad for my wallet
So I’m the anomaly that it works for me?

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
It's a natural consequence of wireless charging for all phones, its a very inefficient way to charge your phone.
Only uncontrolled wireless charging (like the pad in our cars). Pads that enforce proper alignment, either electrically, mechanically, or magnetically (like MagSafe or QI2) can be very efficient. Not as good as a cable of course, but they can still hit 85-90% which is more than enough to not cause thermal problems.

OP
OP
aldwin1999

aldwin1999

First Name
Aldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
So I’m the anomaly that it works for me?
No mine works perfectly fine on my 14 PM but I'd rather not have it warm/hot -- it barely charges too so why bother

az_supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
Tried this myself today. It certainly didn't just "pop out". I was putting a ton of force behind the pry tool into that little "tab" section and it did not want to budge. Left it alone for fear of breaking it.

Covak2002

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90, Focus st3 , Subaru WRX V-Ltd
use and charges fine but as per a few comments the Wireless charger is inefficient and all OEMs are suffering and we see alot more now in regards to wireless android auto and apple carplay as the phone has to work so much harder to keep up aswell as forcing the charge in.
Sponsored