Any way to disable wireless charger pad?

aldwin1999

First Name
Aldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
I hate the wireless charger pad, I usually just face my phone front first so it doesn't charge but it's annoying that I do have to do that/have to think about that. Anyone disabled the wireless charger pad? is there like a fuse I can simply pull out? I thought about popping out the whole trim and unplugging it from the harness but that sounds like a bit of a challenge.

Didn't find much digging around, mostly how to just remove the wireless charge cover. I read that the middle east models don't have wireless charging even on the Premium and base of course doesn't have it, so its definitely possible 🤷‍♂️

Thanks!
Sponsored

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I'm not sure but I think you can just disable it via coding, which may be a simpler solution.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Pop it out. Remove the socket/harness... Or find the fuse.. Can't recall if it's shared fuse. It's in the manual..

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
Wtf??? What's the problem if you put your phone there and it happens to charge it???? Some people....

TheHamburgler

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Wtf??? What's the problem if you put your phone there and it happens to charge it???? Some people....
For me, there was 2 problems. One was that my phone kept moving on and off the charging point, which has messed up the battery life on my phone. The other was that it since it was such a slow charge, my phone would overheat and then not charge at all. That's why I just bought a suction cup mount and moved it so that one of the A/C vents would blow directly on the phone.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Because it doesn’t work correctly. On mine, it just makes the phone insanely hot without actually charging it.

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
I've been looking for a way to disable it as well. While it does technically work and charge my iPhone, it makes the phone get insanely hot, and the rate of charge doesn't quite keep up with the rate of battery drain from Wireless Carplay.

So rather than damage my phones battery, I'd rather just disable it and use it as just a phone holder, and charge with a cable if needed, rather than putting my phone in the little cubby behind the cup holders like I currently do.

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My phone turns into a burning piece of shit when I put it on the charger. It's a normal occurrence. The problem with unplugging the whole damn thing, is it's actually not just the charging port it's connected to. It has to be with the satellite connection with the car, and the sos stuff. I might be a little off, but there have been more than a handful of posts regarding the issues with it.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I saw this on a BMW forum with the claim that this code turns wireless charging ON. Logic would suggest that using the nicht_aktiv setting in place of aktiv should disable it.

BDC -> WcaWirelessChargingAblage-> WCA_ENABLE -> aktiv
HU_MGU -> 3000 HMI_SPEECH -> WCA -> aktiv
I'm not sure if this works or we even have access to the right control units but if you want to try it, please report your experience on the Bimmercode cheat sheet.

OP
OP
aldwin1999

aldwin1999

First Name
Aldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
LOL nah I get it, it's just it barely charges and it heats the fuck out my phone which causes apple carplay to lag or my phone to entirely just shut off. I prefer just charging it via cable since its faster too.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I've tried this on multiple iphones and androids. Iphones warm up quickly and immediately complain about overheating. Not so much an Android issue.
This is the case with cable and wireless charging... I guess that's why Apple is pushing for magsafe chargers...

Anyhow. There's another thread here of someone 3D printing a replacement phone holder. Maybe check that out for flying phones..

Note that this is something BMW/Toyota/etc. do not care about. Some GM vehicle I rented a while back, Malibu I think even had phone cooler. Yep confirmed :
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/0...s-active-phone-cooling-to-2016-impala-malibu/

Anyhow why would OEMs make phone overheating problem their own... Convenience ...