Turn off automatic braking?

Skots6

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Hey guys I have a 21 premium with driver assist package. On a few occasions of trying to pass a slow car in the left lane I’ve had the automatic braking kick in and almost have the car behind me in the middle lane rear end me. There is a car at least 20 feet ahead of me in the middle lane, so plenty of room between the cars. I have the all the safety setting set to low. But maybe there is a way of turning them completely off.
Thanks !
Sponsored

polaris

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2017 Corolla iM
If you hold the safety system button down for a couple of seconds it gives you the option to turn all safety features off.

No matter how hard I try, I've never been able to trigger my automatic braking system in any of my cars, even when trying to do it in purpose. Either your system is whack, or you might be passing a bit too closely

Reactions: zrk

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If you hold the safety system button down for a couple of seconds it gives you the option to turn all safety features off.

No matter how hard I try, I've never been able to trigger my automatic braking system in any of my cars, even when trying to do it in purpose. Either your system is whack, or you might be passing a bit too closely
I agree. My system doesn't even flash or beep anything when it's 20 feet away. Either it's broken or it wasn't actually 20 feet.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP

Skots6

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I’ve been holding the button down and turning it off for a couple months now , so there’s a slight chance that I didn’t press it those few occurrences. It’s very possible that it was closer than 20 feet..

Just hoping maybe there was a way to have it permanently turned off

polaris

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2017 Corolla iM
I’ve been holding the button down and turning it off for a couple months now , so there’s a slight chance that I didn’t press it those few occurrences. It’s very possible that it was closer than 20 feet..

If that doesn't work, I'm almost certain turning off traction and stability control will disable it. Drive at your own risk ;)

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition

Are you familiar with bimmercode and programming the system yourself? Maybe turning it permanently off is an option that can be remembered via bimmercode.

Let me summon @CarGuy11 Maybe he knows.

OP
OP

Skots6

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Are you familiar with bimmercode and programming the system yourself? Maybe turning it permanently off is an option that can be remembered via bimmercode.

I’ve never used bimmercode or tried to program either my Supra or f30 before. Don’t want to mess anything up haha. I do enough of that mechanically

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
I’ve never used bimmercode or tried to program either my Supra or f30 before. Don’t want to mess anything up haha. I do enough of that mechanically
Fair enough. In defense of doing it yourself, it is quite foolproof. I did it for the first time yesterday.
Let me know if you want me to dabble through the settings for you (takes a bit of time).

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E

I don't know of a way in coding to turn off but it should not be that sensitive if you are running "Customized" safety settings in "late". In fact manual says it won't auto brake in "late". I never had a unexpected braking event. Maybe dealer needs to calibrate it.

Reactions: B54
OP
OP

Skots6

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I don't know of a way in coding to turn off but it should not be that sensitive if you are running "Customized" safety settings in "late". In fact manual says it won't auto brake in "late". I never had a unexpected braking event. Maybe dealer needs to calibrate it.
Oh that’s good news. I’ll make sure to look through that part in the manual. If that’s true then I must have forgotten to hold down the safety button when I got in the car

thank you!

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
Did anyone ever find a solution to this? My auto braking has been drunk the last couple of days, completely preventing from reversing into my garage. Nothing for many feet in any direction.
You can turn off reverse braking in settings menu.