Unable to code Head Unit ECU in Bimmercode

Jediyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
Hey Everyone

Was wondering if anyone can help...... I had Carplay activated by Feature Installer software in my Supra and now I cannot access the head unit ECU in Bimmercode.

I get a "Error while reading coding data" message, which is real bummer as it's got most of the options I'd like to code.

Does anyone know how I can revert the carplay activation or factory reset the head unit ECU

All other ECUs can be coded OK

Thanks
Sponsored

Majed

First Name
Majed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 GR Premium
Hey Jediyogi,

I faced the same issue as I installed Apple Carplay via Feature Installer and this will lock your head unit ECU.
You need to remove Apple Carplay then it will be fine you can code whatever you want then install Carplay again (This is what I do)

Regards,

Majed

First Name
Majed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 GR Premium
How do you remove Apple Carply? Thought it was built into ECU
I have the Feature Installer already in my computer and ENET cable so I remove the Carplay when ever I want.

OP
OP
Jediyogi

Jediyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
I take it you just hit the reset option once it's all connected using ENET cable to remove Carplay

Majed

First Name
Majed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 GR Premium
once I click on identify the vehicle, the program will check the server of the feature installer and then pop up a window says "there is an OEM backup available in the server click yes if you want to restore it"

Melhem

First Name
Melhem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021 3.0
once I click on identify the vehicle, the program will check the server of the feature installer and then pop up a window says "there is an OEM backup available in the server click yes if you want to restore it"
hello Majed,

Can you please share a link for the feature installer
Sponsored