Uneven suspension?

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey guys, looking for a bit of insight. I’m running h&r sport springs on 295/35/19 tires with te37s.

my left rear sits higher then my right rear and it’s noticeable to me and kinda annoying. I usually install everything myself but the only thing I didn’t install were the springs which is why I’m looking for some insight (lesson learned). I just want the wheel gaps to be even. Left rear noticeably sits half an inch to an inch higher I can’t even jam two fingers into the right rear.

the bigger wheel gap is obviously the left rear. I’d also like to add I have a buddy on the same setup who isn’t having this issue, seems like others have this issue without noticing, I’ve gone thread diving and I see it on others cars too.

E9B4BFDC-C77D-4B12-8443-7B263E3DA897.jpeg

109595A0-166F-46BB-BCFF-ACF1A1AE40C1.jpeg
Sponsored

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I mean, no offense but that gap difference is pretty blatant and obviously indicates some kind of installation failure. The upside of paying a shop to install something is, if it’s not right, you can bring it back. In this case, I would march right back to the shop and have them fix it.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I feel like they forgot to.. you know… install the spring lol

OP
OP
Davidr3

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I mean, no offense but that gap difference is pretty blatant and obviously indicates some kind of installation failure. The upside of paying a shop to install something is, if it’s not right, you can bring it back. In this case, I would march right back to the shop and have them fix it.
none taken, the shops an hour and a half away from me so I’d like to make sure I have a general idea of the issue before I March back and ask them to fix it. They’ll hit me with the same old “nothing wrong” or nobody would notice excuse.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I would suggest taking the rear apart again to assure the lowering spring is spun/seated completely in the lower spring perch at the bottom correctly.

OP
OP
Davidr3

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would suggest taking the rear apart again to assure the lowering spring is spun/seated completely in the lower spring perch at the bottom correctly.
yeah I fully intend to I’m gonna give it a look over this weekend. My theory is it isn’t seated correctly or something similar

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
this is most likely cause and common mistake. but there could be others as well, such might be installer used wrong spring or there's something stuck between lower perch and lower control arm or other crazy reason. when you lift it to see, check all possibility.

OP
OP
Davidr3

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you also get an alignment? Different settings can change the ride height.
Car was aligned, also as an update the side that sits higher conveniently isn't spun into the perch correctly for the bottom. It's off by 3/4-1 inch. Most likely gonna take it back to the shop just for the sake of realigning it after they correct it although they claim ride height will not change even if they spun it. Annoying af as they're clearly trying to get out of work, even if ride height would not change which I'm sure it will, I want the job done correctly.
Sponsored