Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Quick update:

10/21 - First contacted Tire Rack about fitment issue
10/23 - Tire Rack requested more details and pictures of issue. I responded
10/26 - Tire Rack ordered return packaging
10/28 - Return packaging received. Reached out to customer service to schedule pickup
10/29 - Pickup was scheduled
10/30 - Wheels were picked up
11/02 - Wheels were delivered
11/04 - Return processed as a "DID NOT LIKE OR NEED Claim"
11/06 - Full amount refunded

So, just over two weeks from initial contact to refund.

Now, I need to find some winter wheels again. Unfortunately, it appears that winter tire options are a bit limited at the moment. :(
Yup, when things go right you can't deny how quick and fast shipping things out to the customer is. But man if you have an issue it's a complete nightmare of a company. There's gotta be other places to look but there's options for stock wheels for sure but obv pricey.
Sponsored

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
Yup, when things go right you can't deny how quick and fast shipping things out to the customer is. But man if you have an issue it's a complete nightmare of a company. There's gotta be other places to look but there's options for stock wheels for sure but obv pricey.
I don't see myself putting winter tires on the stock wheels, due to their width. All-season tires might make more sense, considering NJ's mild winters and the current travel restrictions. Still, my preference would be to get a dedicated winter set.

I'm currently looking at Fitment Industries. I've never ordered from them before, but just looking at their FAQ's and Policies, they're openly not as customer-centric as Tire Rack.

Also took a look at CarId, but their tire selection is very, very limited at the moment. Similar story with Discount Tire Direct, except that their wheel selection is also limited.

Might need to order wheels, tires, TPMS separately and have a shop mount and balance.

Speaking of which, how did the TPMS sensors from Tire Rack work out for you? Did you need to configure the settings manually?

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
I don't see myself putting winter tires on the stock wheels, due to their width. All-season tires might make more sense, considering NJ's mild winters and the current travel restrictions. Still, my preference would be to get a dedicated winter set.

I'm currently looking at Fitment Industries. I've never ordered from them before, but just looking at their FAQ's and Policies, they're openly not as customer-centric as Tire Rack.

Also took a look at CarId, but their tire selection is very, very limited at the moment. Similar story with Discount Tire Direct, except that their wheel selection is also limited.

Might need to order wheels, tires, TPMS separately and have a shop mount and balance.

Speaking of which, how did the TPMS sensors from Tire Rack work out for you? Did you need to configure the settings manually?
Fitment industries might be the way to go since they sell stuff in sets and yeah I pulled over clicked new tires and it ran the test fine.

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
Great!

Sent Fitment Industries an email to confirm the fitment of one of their wheels, and they actually replied very quickly and confirmed (via the wheel manufacturer) that the wheel would fit. :D

Let's hope they're right. Going to go ahead and place an order. ETA 2-3 weeks.

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Great!

Sent Fitment Industries an email to confirm the fitment of one of their wheels, and they actually replied very quickly and confirmed (via the wheel manufacturer) that the wheel would fit. :D

Let's hope they're right. Going to go ahead and place an order. ETA 2-3 weeks.
What did you go with?

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
Sweet, I hope they fit great for you
Installed them today. Put 10mm spacers in the rear to fix the stance, but otherwise, I think they're okay. We'll see how the tires perform as it gets colder.

20201121_154549~3.jpg
20201121_154644~2.jpg
20201121_154457~2.jpg

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
I'm glad that they are (mildly) concave, considering their width. Was worried they'd be completely flat-faced.

JDMLegacy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
996 Carrera
Installed them today. Put 10mm spacers in the rear to fix the stance, but otherwise, I think they're okay. We'll see how the tires perform as it gets colder.

20201121_154549~3.jpg
20201121_154644~2.jpg
20201121_154457~2.jpg
How did the supra with those tires and wheel setup perform in the winter? Very curious. Thanks!

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
All this mess really just wants to make me powder coat my stock wheels. They look great when a single color, they're light, they're strong, and most importantly they won't damage anything when you out them on the car!
Sponsored