Weird parking sensor behavior

Torquem

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
This may be totally normal, but it strikes me as odd. My parking sensor button turns itself off all the time. It has almost boned me a couple times pulling up to curbs. Is this something I have to manually turn on every time I am approaching a parking spot? I figured the system would just stay on unless I turned it off myself. I will turn on the system and within minutes it will be off.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I cannot definitively remember the setting now, but I know there was Parking sensor activation in one of the vehicle settings. It came automatically on for me if I recall correctly.
Do you actually see something in the dash that say it's off?

OP
OP
Torquem

Torquem

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
It is the button on the console. It has a green light and it will not be lit up. I approach a curb and it never turns on. I have to hit the button to turn on parking sensors.

OP
OP
Torquem

Torquem

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Also, "automatic parking sensors activation" is selected in menu

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
The park distance sensors normally react to objects about shin to knee height. So as you pull close to another car bumper, etc, they should turn on. They won’t react to curbs. That would be a situation to tap the button preemptively to turn on the cameras and sensors if your car is so equipped. At least on my BMWs, the park distance sensors and the parking assist system (with surround cameras) are two different things.

OP
OP
Torquem

Torquem

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
That is the green light I was referecing. I'll have to check and see if it is lit up every time I start up the car.

TwistyRoad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TG Supra 3.0 Premium
This may be totally normal, but it strikes me as odd. My parking sensor button turns itself off all the time. It has almost boned me a couple times pulling up to curbs. Is this something I have to manually turn on every time I am approaching a parking spot? I figured the system would just stay on unless I turned it off myself. I will turn on the system and within minutes it will be off.
Mine does the same thing! I thought it was odd, too!
Sponsored