Weird noise in door

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
I got this sound coming from my door, its hard to explain, like the sound a single pill makes when it hits the plastic cap in a pill bottle. It happens once, not really a rattle, but a single “click” (though it’s not a click) when I go over smooth undulations in the road. Driving me crazy but I cant figure where it’s coming from. Clearly sounds like it coming from the door, but who knows.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I got this sound coming from my door, its hard to explain, like the sound a single pill makes when it hits the plastic cap in a pill bottle. It happens once, not really a rattle, but a single “click” (though it’s not a click) when I go over smooth undulations in the road. Driving me crazy but I cant figure where it’s coming from. Clearly sounds like it coming from the door, but who knows.
Did you drop a pill in there?

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ahhh, no.

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Nothing if you "shake" the door when stationary? Can you locate the sound, bottom, top, in the middle of the door?

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I shake the door and hit the panel but I cannot replicate it. It only happens when driving. I’m. Not 100% sure it’s coming from the door. I just seems to come crime that area.

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I shake the door and hit the panel but I cannot replicate it. It only happens when driving. I’m. Not 100% sure it’s coming from the door. I just seems to come crime that area.
Could be something small that came loose in the door and it rattles when the car vibrates when driving on the road, like an up-and-down motion instead of horizontal.

jmpickrell

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nitro Yellow Supra
New to these forums and trying to get active right away, lol. That single click (which everyone will have to guess at but hey they're all things to check) could be a panel under the car that the clip is not fully attached or something like one of the clips in the door panel itself shifting. They typically have a little wiggle room in them (which is why I take the panels off my vehicles and wrap each of those clips to prevent the rattle they produce while in the process of installing sound deadener) that allows them to "float" for movement.
On a different note it's really good to see there appears to be a lot of people in these forums that are as OCD as I am, lol. (Or maybe that's not a good thing...... :p)

Reactions: zrk

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I hear 3-4 clicks sometimes when I go over rough roads or when accelerating. A pillar area/door

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
push - firmly - on all the panels. my car had a loose quarter window trim panel. there's a few other creeks but i think that's actually coming from the cargo cover bar when the car flexes. the trim around the passenger door on my car had a clip not fully seated too.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Make sure the passenger seat belt buckle is laying flat as well (when not in use). This will create a rattle against the plastic.
Sponsored