What did you do to your Supra today?

kbarakeh

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra , 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Added BCForged RZ05 wheels on H&R lowering springs, 305/30/19 R ....275/30/19 F ... sits perfect!

Attachments

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Here is a shot of the new tires and the stance with the wheel spacers.
1613E42D-D860-48AA-94B9-8BE276290C75.jpeg
49CC77BE-60B0-4816-912F-505AE9987105.jpeg
D9101E2E-3D75-4B8B-B47F-AA98DC3E1E74.jpeg
5233ABC9-B633-4CA0-B841-8E8AD331B005.jpeg
That looks perfect. Are you on OEM suspension (stock height)?

Thank you for the pics!

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For now, yes.
Nice.

Yeah, I'm just a little south of you in Dallas. I don't have time, room or budget for winter/summer setup, so the A/S 3+ with the OEM wheels are definitely in my future as a permanent setup.

I really like how the 265/285 fitment looks too. Fills out the wheel and well appropriately. I have spacers too, but only 10mm and 13mm (played it safe).

I want to go lower, HKS or H&R, but with all the construction, I'm hesitant. Seems like most of Texas' roads are suited for pick-ups and SUVs, not sports cars. :rolleyes:

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
Nice.

Yeah, I'm just a little south of you in Dallas. I don't have time, room or budget for winter/summer setup, so the A/S 3+ with the OEM wheels are definitely in my future as a permanent setup.

I really like how the 265/285 fitment looks too. Fills out the wheel and well appropriately. I have spacers too, but only 10mm and 13mm (played it safe).

I want to go lower, HKS or H&R, but with all the construction, I'm hesitant. Seems like most of Texas' roads are suited for pick-ups and SUVs, not sports cars. :rolleyes:
That's Oklahoma roads too!

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I've lowered many cars in my youth and while they do look cool, these days I prefer to compromise wheel gap vs ride quality. Especially on cars where the gap is even around the entire arch, it doesn't bother me any more and just leave it stock. I have some pretty big dips and bumps in my area too and the 'brace for impact' is something I can really live without.

None of my current cars are lowered.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Nice.

People in Texas actually get winter tires??? Or just a summer/allseason setup?

ATS*MK5

First Name
Joey Abundiz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten MK5
When did you order the cage? I’ve had mine on order with studiorsr since sept 1 and still nothing. Each time I get a hold of them they push it back another week.I was told 4-6. It’s been 7 and now they’re saying another 2 weeks.
DM me

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've lowered many cars in my youth and while they do look cool, these days I prefer to compromise wheel gap vs ride quality. Especially on cars where the gap is even around the entire arch, it doesn't bother me any more and just leave it stock. I have some pretty big dips and bumps in my area too and the 'brace for impact' is something I can really live without.

My last 2 cars, '16 GTI and '18 BRZ, were both lowered. Not uncomfortable, but you definitely had to be more aware of driveway/parking lot entrance ramps especially.

The GTI did feel soft from the factory, but the most subtle of springs made it harsh. The BRZ had SUV-sized wheel gaps, but the aftermarket springs actually made it drive and ride much better than stock, surprisingly.

The Supra's wheel/tire combo to wheel arch "ratio", for lack of a better word, looks proper. Most of the photos I've seen on aftermarket springs make it LOOK lowered, almost "slammed" which I'm not a fan of. However, the 2.0 is different - lighter and with smaller wheels. It may benefit from an aftermarket suspension setup.

I can see why some will opt to lower the 3.0 Supra - either for that show-car look or for better handling at the track. But I wouldn't do it at the cost of ride as it feels like a nice GT car yet handles very well.

After seeing hundreds of profile photos of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens and other high-end sports cars, I feel the Supra in stock form already has a proper "drop" look to it.

People in Texas actually get winter tires??? Or just a summer/allseason setup?
Good question. I don't personally know of anyone in Texas who has a separate winter setup. It maybe just cheaper to buy an old pick-up to beat around during our short season. Lol.

A91Refraction

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra

I was struggling with the same thing, will I be happy with just spacers for the look? Pretty sure I will leave it and enjoy the ride and clearance with stock height. Thanks for your post and helping me feel better about my decision. :beer:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
BA9092 - Yeah, my buddy had a lowered GTI (Mk7) and it was one awful ride when there was 3-4 of us in the car. It just hits the bump stops SO HARD over dips and bumps sounded like the frame was going to break at the welds.

My stock ride height Mk7 Golf-R rides about 10-12mm lower than a stock GTI and on this car I can run 19 inch wheels (even 0.5" wider than stock) with no lowering and still look great.

I was struggling with the same thing, will I be happy with just spacers for the look? Pretty sure I will leave it and enjoy the ride and clearance with stock height. Thanks for your post and helping me feel better about my decision. :beer:
I run 10mm/15mm spacers on my Supra and I am very pleased with the appearance. I can go a tad wider, but I like to keep it a tad on the conservative side not to emphasize the gap.

1603726303659.png

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
65DDEDBF-9FBD-454C-8C9B-289FE4C38FB2.jpeg

Ditched the Toyota centers. Wasn’t a fan

rotor grooves are what 3 long track days look like. Have one last one Sunday and then an early oil change, brake fluid and over the winter (won’t be driving much) figure out my brake upgrade

SUPRATOY

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 SUPRA
65DDEDBF-9FBD-454C-8C9B-289FE4C38FB2.jpeg

Ditched the Toyota centers. Wasn’t a fan

rotor grooves are what 3 long track days look like. Have one last one Sunday and then an early oil change, brake fluid and over the winter (won’t be driving much) figure out my brake upgrade
Where did you get those wheel center caps? I need some!