2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium

KellyJoe

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
@KellyJoe , this is what I was suggesting - black roof lines to match up to the A91 stripes - with my poor photoshop attempt. :)
Looks great! I was looking to do something minus the A91 stripes that somewhat flows into the hatch glass... Here's my crude attempt at a photo shop for what I may do... We'll see...

_nufSg6WPkUc-u_yn4yrdPZ1=w1920-h1080-no?authuser=0.jpg

Nukleuz_Za

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! I was looking to do something minus the A91 stripes that somewhat flows into the hatch glass... Here's my crude attempt at a photo shop for what I may do... We'll see...

_nufSg6WPkUc-u_yn4yrdPZ1=w1920-h1080-no?authuser=0.jpg

This might give you a better idea.

Attachments

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Bought her :) Traded in my 2019 Corolla Hatchback XSE. The vehicle has a clear bra that's already peeling on a small portion so I'll most likely be removing that before it bakes on and becomes impossible to take off.

Does anyone have any methods you've used to remove a clear bra?

PXL_20201014_183440083.jpg

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bought her :) Traded in my 2019 Corolla Hatchback XSE. The vehicle has a clear bra that's already peeling on a small portion so I'll most likely be removing that before it bakes on and becomes impossible to take off.

Congrats!

Is it the OEM PPF? I'd take it to a PPF installer and have them remove it, just to be safe.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congrats!

Is it the OEM PPF? I'd take it to a PPF installer and have them remove it, just to be safe.
Thanks!
and I'm assuming it's OEM since it was installed at the dealership. A small area near the middle drivers side parking sensor wasn't seated properly so it's popping out a bit. I'll try and find a PPE installer in my area.

KellyJoe

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Why not give the selling dealer a chance to fix it and make it right vs. going to aftermarket shops that'll charge you? If the dealer won't help, you'll have even more reason to come here and raise hell!! :thumbsup:

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good point. OEM PPF should still be covered under warranty. Doesn't hurt to ask though. Doesn't hurt to get an estimate from a shop either. Right now, nothing should be costing you anything to find out how to remedy the situation.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
When I remove clear bra I just use a heat gun and peel up from the edges, continue applying heat where it peels off from the paint.

I saw a few posts about people with red having issues with paint separation so I would be very careful.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

I literally just pulled it off after a 50 mile drive. You can use a fan to heat it up further though (that was my plan initially but after I got a hold of one of the corners it really wasn't necessary). I had 0 issues.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Why not give the selling dealer a chance to fix it and make it right vs. going to aftermarket shops that'll charge you? If the dealer won't help, you'll have even more reason to come here and raise hell!! :thumbsup:
The selling dealer is 5 hours away and it took them 4+ hours to sell the car to me in the first place so I just wanted to get out of there to be honest lol. It's whatever, I may be able to ask my mechanic friend to remove it for me if it doesn't just peel off easily.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When I remove clear bra I just use a heat gun and peel up from the edges, continue applying heat where it peels off from the paint.

I saw a few posts about people with red having issues with paint separation so I would be very careful.
Oh, well we don't want that. Did this happen on the metal part of the car like the hood or the bumper which I believe is plastic? I'd probably just remove the clear bra that's on the bumper since that's the part that's peeling a little.