What did you do to your Supra today?

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You going to get the front bumper filled and painted or just leaving it with the plugs?
I think I am going to leave the plugs in. For the OCD crowd, it might be too much, but the cost to fix was quoted at $1100 + the cost to reapply PPF + 2x ceramic coat.

The fit isn't bad. The plugs themselves are very tight-fitting after using the correct drill bit. And the fitment even on the curved surface is pretty tight.

IMG_4747.JPEG

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I think I am going to leave the plugs in. For the OCD crowd, it might be too much, but the cost to fix was quoted at $1100 + the cost to reapply PPF + 2x ceramic coat.

The fit isn't bad. The plugs themselves are very tight-fitting after using the correct drill bit. And the fitment even on the curved surface is pretty tight.

IMG_4747.JPEG
~ Indeed the bumper plugs look better than the 5 holes.

However if I still had to run a front plate (as you are with the tow hook positioning) ā€¦ a beacon is a beacon and since the main holes are thereā€¦ Iā€™d just leave it in the middleā€¦. For now you kinda have 2 beacons (the 5 plugs and an offset front plate).

Not to offend ā€¦ Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core

IMG_4747.JPEG
I had tried out bumper plugs (paint matched) but couldn't do it. I am a bit more OCD than you and for me, the nose draws attention and the curved surface makes it clear the plugs aren't meant to be there.

It was pricey, similar to what you said for repair + PPF + ceramic, but for me, the expense was worth it.

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Roman and Andrew...
Thank you for you thoughts ... I can understand both. I really didn't want my plate there and
wasn't expecting a $1500 bill for such a small cosmetic change. I am sure that I will get the
whole thing done in the future, but for the time being, this will work.

If anyone asks snarkily, I'll tell them I added additional sensors for the anti-@sshole cruise missiles I installed. ;-)

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Roman and Andrew...
Thank you for you thoughts ... I can understand both. I really didn't want my plate there and
wasn't expecting a $1500 bill for such a small cosmetic change. I am sure that I will get the

If anyone asks snarkily, I'll tell them I added additional sensors for the anti-@sshole cruise missiles I installed. ;-)
I'm going to have to do the same thing, I have 3 holes in my bumper. I'm going to be getting badges installed, when I do that, I'm going to have them do the bumper at the same time. Sucks but it's what it is.

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm going to have to do the same thing, I have 3 holes in my bumper. I'm going to be getting badges installed, when I do that, I'm going to have them do the bumper at the same time. Sucks but it's what it is.
My badges are supposed to be here end of the week or beginning of next. Once I get the red front lip, I'm done for a while.... LOL.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Roman and Andrew...

For me, I also took that time to get the bumper repainted due to some rock chips that were there, so 2 birds with 1 stone. (Had the ignominy of getting rock chips between getting the car and dropping it off for the earliest PPF appointment).

Realygoofyguy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium, 2021 Tacoma TRD Off Road,
Ordered some Eibach sway bars, looking forward to them showing up, going to install those and the APR rear diffusor hopefully next week. Still waiting on side skirts, spats and my hood. Everything seems to be taking forever to arrive lately.

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
I donā€™t think they let them bro. Itā€™s a surprise attack
Yeah, I was expecting the licence plate ninja to sneakily drill into my bumper. I had the dealership write it on the bill of sale that the licence plate bracket will not be installed at the dealership and they were okay with that.

1646767233254.gif