GR Supra
598A8442-043E-4BFF-B864-FBE7327C8749.jpeg

drove it to work…

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Turner skid plate and new diff fluid check ✅ . Not that I plan to off road but… some track run off areas are worse than others. And poor @Jesse DaBears. I’ll be emailing him, remember me, lol. I actually need a tune down 📉. See if we can find one I can run all day on track in schweaty Florida. I will say my current custom street map 6 is insanely fun & fast!
On the way to the track this weekend aaaaaaaaandd half of my skid plate just ripped off and sheared while driving on the interstate and the rest started flapping around. I had to make a pitstop at a harbor freight on the way to grab some tools to remove it. I remembered seeing your post and just went to look to buy the Turner one but it's not for sale anywhere that I can find. I did find a replacement OEM one on ebay so I'll have to settle with that for now.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
On the way to the track this weekend aaaaaaaaandd half of my skid plate just ripped off and sheared while driving on the interstate and the rest started flapping around. I had to make a pitstop at a harbor freight on the way to grab some tools to remove it. I remembered seeing your post and just went to look to buy the Turner one but it's not for sale anywhere that I can find. I did find a replacement OEM one on ebay so I'll have to settle with that for now.
Sorry to hear brother 😣 It can definitely wear down when you’re driving for fun. We’ve had to replace them on other cars, so when I found out they made an improved one and it was so cheap, it was a no brainer. I’d reach out to Turner and asking them if they’ll be getting/making more.

While I agree in principle that the nature of a lot of these parts for our cars are expensive for the level of value they actually provide...the reality is low volume custom parts are expensive to develop, have made and shipped, and then the person who created wants to turn a profit (and deserves it). So while the "real looking fake vents" for $179 might really run $40 if there were 100,000 units being sold per year, there are probably considerably less than 1,000 sets that will be sold ever of these. It likely wouldn't make financial sense to sell the same product even at $139 (now maybe it would but there is literally no competition). The same principle likely applies to the exhausts that cost $2.5k on our car when roughly the same thing runs $1.5k on another car. Don't get me wrong I would love to be paying more reasonable amounts for the bits and pieces but I also appreciate the fact I have an uncommon car where I rarely see another on the road.

TLDR: I bought both sets of the real look fake vents and they were 100% worth it to me. The rest is just economics.
Partnering with BMW was brilliant and exactly why my track consumables are cheaper than the Vette or Porsche. I can get pads, rotors, tires at a much lower price than those guys. So yes, odds and ends that don’t sell as much are more expensive. But it also works the other way around. It’s not as cheap as my MX5 but I’d never would have thought the Supra would be as affordable as it is to track 🤤

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I had to it said less than 2 available lol
That shit will always get me too. And the whole, “26 people have looked at this/put this in their cart.” People thought it was COVID, no, this is the reason for the term “panic buying.”

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Thanks! The wheel is from Aza. The center console pieces are from NVS and the switch panel pieces are from Rexspeed.
Are you able to access and slide the mirror buttons? I had ordered that door piece at one point, and the mold didn't fit the buttons accurately. The way they sat, I couldn't use the side mirror controls.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Paint matched LG Heritage wing.. Truth moment, the mkiv has been my dream car for 30 years ... Just became no longer worth the squeeze with how inflated the prices became.. this wing makes me feel like I've got a mkiv while also being newer, cheaper and growing on me to look just as eye catching... With on par performance. When I look at it now from a distance and squint my eyes.. I have 98 Supra.. then I drive home in a 2022 Supra.. not hating life.

PXL_20230503_170724776.jpg
PXL_20230503_175202632.jpg
PXL_20230503_175213494.jpg
PXL_20230503_175330859.jpg
My thoughts exactly!
EB4BFBE9-8D5C-44E6-8CF4-9B9B836830F7.jpeg

bananaberry

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
Are you able to access and slide the mirror buttons? I had ordered that door piece at one point, and the mold didn't fit the buttons accurately. The way they sat, I couldn't use the side mirror controls.
Yeah no issues with the ones I got. The fitment is perfect in my opinion.