What did you do to your Supra today?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
you might want to use 0w30 or 0w40 since it’s a turbo car and the first number is cold oil temp weight and you want the turbo to have oil immediately upon cold start. I wouldn’t run 5w on any turbo car. There is a reason why Toyota recommends full syntec 0w30.
They recommend it for EPA reasons. Thinner oil means better MPG. Not necessarily better for the engine. And as far as using a 5 weight in turbo cars, my STI runs happily on 5w-40 all year long. From well below freezing to 100+ degrees in the summer.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
5w-40 is an approved oil for the Supra. Page 325 and 326 in owners manual. 0w-20 is more about fuel economy than protecting the turbo and engine. My car is tuned and isn't dealing with freezing climates so a slightly heavier viscosity is better in my case.

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 7.38.41 PM.png
That's what I'll be running too.

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 GT86, 2019 Supra A90edition, 2020 GR Yaris CP
For the first time in over 4 months went for a 50 mile drive, managed to dodge the showers and get it back in garage before heavens opened.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
What did you paint it with and how it looks great
Thank you! Anthracite plastic dip wheel kit from dipyourcar.com and did the glossifier on the wheels too. He has a couple videos on youtube that show you how which was helpful because I'm not very good at painting

NOTJDM

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thank you! Anthracite plastic dip wheel kit from dipyourcar.com and did the glossifier on the wheels too. He has a couple videos on youtube that show you how which was helpful because I'm not very good at painting
Can't even tell its dip did you do it while the wheels were still on the car?

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Can't even tell its dip did you do it while the wheels were still on the car?
Yeah the kit comes with these plastic bag brake covers that i threaded thru the spokes to mask off the brakes without taking the wheels off. Surprisingly no overspray on the fenders either!

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Cheap & easy steering wheel dresss up.

I did that the other day, same decal, but in white as everything is black or yellow and used white on the calipers as well. On the calipers, no need to take the wheels off, easy to do right through the spokes. But, alcohol can take off the red paint, so be careful! I would use something else to clean them with before application as I dulled one caliper.

Last edited:

peppersam740

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jag F-type,, 2020 Toyota Supra
I did that the other day, same decal, but in white as everything is black or yellow and used white on the calipers as well. On the calipers, no need to take the wheels off, easy to do right through the spokes. But, alcohol can take off the red paint, so be careful! I would use something else to clean them with before application as I dulled one caliper.
I used 91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol for my decals and all it did was get all the dirt off. Paint was still good looking.