What paint to get for a model kit?

Scoopra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 premium
I got a Tamiya model kit and would like to find a paint to match nocturnal black. Anyone know how to find that? I haven't put a model together in about 35 years.
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
While it won't be a perfect match, I would use TS40 metallic black.

I have an actual nocturnal black paint sample Supra diecast they use at the dealers in Japan. :cool:

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
You can always go to one of the touch up paint sites they sell rattle cans of the touch up kits usually.

Richard Truman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra Preamum
I got a Tamiya model kit and would like to find a paint to match nocturnal black. Anyone know how to find that? I haven't put a model together in about 35 years.
Let us see what model kit you have we might want one

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I have that kit as well.. never assembled it though. I just kept it NIB as part of the display as I have the color sample diecast and 3 other smaller ones from Kyosho.

Tamiya has the Tom's Supra RC car as well if anyone's interested off a TT02 chassis, I think it was.

OP
OP

Scoopra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 premium
most likely, 1/24 #351 perhaps later.

building it, check this one.

unfortunately.. don't have info on noct black but if you are using airbrush, you can make your own color?
That video reminds me that I do not have the patience to build it and it will stay in the box. Thank you.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
That video reminds me that I do not have the patience to build it and it will stay in the box. Thank you.
yes. mine still stays in the box for past 3 yrs as well. however, if your box is pristine and all vinyls are sealed, price could go up. mine has crease so i will build it some day but not to that detail.

Fed

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD pro, 2023 Camry XLE Hybrid
If you're still looking for paint "splash paints" has color matched nocturnal black and also do custom color matching for any color they don't already carry. Gravity paint and zero paints also does something similar but I've only used splash so I can't comment on the other 2. hope this helps and hope to see it posted when you finish it. 😁
Sponsored