What Should I Do Next?

Blackmkv

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
To preface, yes I’ve read the pinned thread about ways to increase power in our vehicles.

I currently have the following done:

AA Catted DP
MST Intake
JB4
FTP Charge Pipe
Blitz Strut Bar

What’s the next step? If I go exhaust, I’m hoping to keep the valvtronic feature but do I truly expect performance gains worth the investment?

For those with a similar set-up, what was your next performance mod?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Blackmkv

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
To add, I am a post June 2020 ECU and I’m really reluctant to send to FEMTO

CrushA90

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MK5 supra .... 97 sc300 2JZGTE 1000++ HP
To add, I am a post June 2020 ECU and I’m really reluctant to send to FEMTO
That should be your next move did mine with Femto the whole process took 7 days. Best mod I have ever done. I also bought BM3, BM3 flex fuel And XHp transmission tuner. My car puts down 500whp on E50 tune with same mods as yours.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
3.5” or 4” catback, have downpipe modified to also exit the same diameter.

Then send your DME to Finland. While it’s down, upgrade your sway bars.

SavagePassenger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 WRX
Right doing the Femto route and getting a custom tune would be the next step as far as making more power. You can do a cat-back exhaust if you want to change up the sound but don't expect it to add any noticeable hp/tq.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Right doing the Femto route and getting a custom tune would be the next step as far as making more power. You can do a cat-back exhaust if you want to change up the sound but don't expect it to add any noticeable hp/tq.
um what?

larger catback diameter along with matching the downpipe output diameter would benefit significantly the potential horsepower, torque and spool of the turbo. Saying it doesn’t only shows a major lack of understanding of fluid dynamics, especially under a forced induction application.

I will guarantee that even under stock boost levels, my full 3.5” system Supra would shit all over one with stock downpipe and catback

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
I’m really reluctant to send to FEMTO
Respecting your reluctance, if you stay with the JB4 then your next pinch point is heat and fuel.

If you pay close attention to guys that add Pure850 and other turbos they ALWAYS have to get Meth or put in more e85 than the stock fuel injectors can push. This leads them to Port Injection and with Port Injection you will be futzing with the intake manifold.

IF you are going to pull off the manifold AND heat is an issue THEN you may as well pony up for a new Intake Manifold with port injection bungs built into it. I understand it's a lot of dollars and doesn't have the cool word like Turbo in it BUT it has huge impact to the overall performance of your car. If you listen to the tuners it's the heat that causes knock and thus forces you to use less boost and more conservative timing. That's why they ask you to add e85 (such as e30 blend) or they ask you to add Meth. Well, IATs from that air being crammed in from the turbo is a part of that. Getting those IATs under control help with the heat, which helps with the knock, which frees you for more boost and more aggressive timing which leads to more power.

Not only can the intake manifold allow you to dial in more power. It allows you longer access to that power. The intercooler in the stock manifold will heat soak after just a few pulls from a red light. Try it. You'll notice a significant drop in pull after just a few runs. And if you are on the track or running from the police you'll need for more than just a couple of pulls :)

There's a thread on the forum for the best manifold. I'd follow suit with their recommendation. Note that some of these guys are drag guys and have a slightly different POV than track guys. So take your driving style and their recommendations in context.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
um what?

larger catback diameter along with matching the downpipe output diameter would benefit significantly the potential horsepower, torque and spool of the turbo. Saying it doesn’t only shows a major lack of understanding of fluid dynamics, especially under a forced induction application.

I will guarantee that even under stock boost levels, my full 3.5” system Supra would shit all over one with stock downpipe and catback
Way to go 0 to 100. They didn't mention modifying the downpipe as an option at all. A straight change from stock cat back to after market will not bring much gains.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
if performance is your only concern, you need to send your DME to Femto and upgrade your turbo.

But i recommend you do an exhaust, spacers and suspension first

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Way to go 0 to 100. They didn't mention modifying the downpipe as an option at all. A straight change from stock cat back to after market will not bring much gains.
Yep,

Won't notice anything. unless aftermarket downpipe but OP has.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep,

Won't notice anything. unless aftermarket downpipe but OP has.
yeah my bad, I forgot this community is mostly about doing things the wrong way

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
yeah my bad, I forgot this community is mostly about doing things the wrong way
What are you going on about. Not everyone is going to widen the downpipe. Yes it'll increase power. But no one was talking about widening the downpipe. They were just talking about a straight swap. How is that the wrong way..... if it's the wrong way then all downpipes and cat backs should come widened from manufacturer. Some people just want a bolt on solution.
Sponsored