Window Dropping at Random Half Way

Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Nocturnal B48, 2019 Blazer 2lt
Hey, my 21 2.0 will sometimes randomly drop either a passenger or drivers side window half-way then stop?! Super weird and I wonder if any one else had experienced this. I have to turn the car back on and roll them back up. Happened twice and I walked away from the car in the rain earlier today and back to a damp drivers seat.

sometimes i will open the car door, and the window will drop half way. Or sometimes I would have just rolled them up, and then turned the car off.

my car has lived outside as a 4 season car in MD since mid 2021.
Sponsored

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
Hey, my 21 2.0 will sometimes randomly drop either a passenger or drivers side window half-way then stop?! Super weird and I wonder if any one else had experienced this. I have to turn the car back on and roll them back up. Happened twice and I walked away from the car in the rain earlier today and back to a damp drivers seat.

sometimes i will open the car door, and the window will drop half way. Or sometimes I would have just rolled them up, and then turned the car off.

I had this exact thing happen randomly a few days ago. I thought maybe I touched the outside handle so it tried to lock, but maybe the car still detected the key inside? I just wrote it off as a fluke but interesting to hear it’s happened to others. Same situation, parked the car into the garage, closed the door and window went down.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Sounds like bmw electronics. See if the dealer can recalibrate them.

DocShak

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2019 Honda Civic Type R
Hi @Noctb48MD what did you do to resolve your window issue? It appears that i'm having the same issue.

Fuji808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal Supra Premium
same issue here, two times this past week but only driver's side.
i just keep resetting it.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Yes same here!!! Seems like it only happens when I open a door. Usually my passenger door and the window will just roll halfway down for no reason. I've tried the reset method mentioned above multiple times and it still randomly happens.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Condensation in the switch or module?

I only drive my Supra on dry days in the warmer months and never experienced this..

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

Common problem if not reset properly. I had it too for a bit. The reset thing above works most of the time. Now it’s completely gone. Almost forgot about it until your post ;)

There’s other threads on the forum search if you type window reset.

Last edited:

DocShak

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2019 Honda Civic Type R
No luck with the reset. Toyota dealer near me said i need to remove my aftermarket tint to troubleshoot this issue. My drivers window is intermittently dropping about halfway when I park/close the door.

OP
OP
Noctb48MD

Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Nocturnal B48, 2019 Blazer 2lt
No luck with the reset. Toyota dealer near me said i need to remove my aftermarket tint to troubleshoot this issue. My drivers window is intermittently dropping about halfway when I park/close the door.
I dont have tint and its not an issue caused by tint.... tbh, imma let it ride, because it will be a racecar in 10 years.
Sponsored