Windshield and chips, so easy with the 2020 and cleaning the Windshield is horrible.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
I have at least 5 small chips already on the front windshield. Having driven for many years in all kinds of conditions, and far worse, with small rocks etc, this glass seems to chip so much easier than anything I have had in the past. It is very frustrating. Even my FJ Cruiser with it upright and known to crack easily, does better! And I have only 2400 miles on the car, while avoiding being behind trucks etc. Seems like most anything will easily chip the glass. Must be very soft.
Sponsored

Ozzy8690

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14ā€™ Turbo Ultramarine FRS, 2020 Downshift Blue Supra 3.0 premium
Iā€™ve noticed the same! I tracked my FRS multiple times and donā€™t have as many rock chips on the windshield as my a90 and ive only had it for 4 months... Iā€™ve also noticed the headlight housing chips a lot faster as well.

Reactions: Pat

EastCoastSupra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Harley Lowrider S, 2016 Ducati Monster 1200R, 2018 Shelby Raptor, 2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition #1019
Vehicle Showcase
Windshield quality of glass is junk.

7.insta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Renaissance Red
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is already cracked :doh:

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Yup, my glass chipped as well. Very disappointing

huntjunky

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Tacoma, Dodge Ram
Here, here! Same experience. Friends in the auto glass business said it is probably the lowest grade windshield along with the other glass panels. It also seems to be a bitch to get then properly clean.

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here, here! Same experience. Friends in the auto glass business said it is probably the lowest grade windshield along with the other glass panels. It also seems to be a bitch to get then properly clean.
Clean? It is a nightmare to clean. I have bought special fluids, guaranteed not the streak and have special clothes. Horrible to get really clean. What is the deal with this?

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
It also seems to be a bitch to get then properly clean.
Iā€™m glad itā€™s not just me that has noticed this. I clean the Supra and my GTI windshields the same. The GTI always looks great while the Supra looks like garbage. Itā€™s so strange.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Iā€™m glad itā€™s not just me that has noticed this. I clean the Supra and my GTI windshields the same. The GTI always looks great while the Supra looks like garbage. Itā€™s so strange.
Funny enough, the outside glass is pretty easy to clean for me. I use a damp and dry towel with meguiar's glass cleaner.

I only have trouble with the inside portion of the windshield...always streaks on the inside no matter which product I use.

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Funny enough, the outside glass is pretty easy to clean for me. I use a damp and dry towel with meguiar's glass cleaner.

I only have trouble with the inside portion of the windshield...always streaks on the inside no matter which product I use.
I have the same cleaner, by chance. I have found the best thing is distilled water and pure alcohol, and if I get frustrated, I just drink it. lol I use Everclear 151, can't get the 190 locally. Also use the 151 and aloe vera as our hand sanitizer (works better than the commercially available in killing bacteria/viruses).

huntjunky

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Tacoma, Dodge Ram
Clean? It is a nightmare to clean. I have bought special fluids, guaranteed not the streak and have special clothes. Horrible to get really clean. What is the deal with this?
The deal is low grade glass...even after Rainx treatment, which I do on all my auto/RV/boat glass, the windows look slightly etched, since new. Ran into this once before w/ a windshield economy replacement on my Dodge deisel. Oh well...love everything else about the car.

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The deal is low grade glass...even after Rainx treatment, which I do on all my auto/RV/boat glass, the windows look slightly etched, since new. Ran into this once before w/ a windshield economy replacement on my Dodge deisel. Oh well...love everything else about the car.
Yes, it is like my windshield, when just right in the sun, has been blasted with super fine sand (etched)! The rest of the car is great. I hope that an after market windshield comes out that is decent quality. And I don't use the HUD so that part of glass capability, I don't care about, just good glass!

OP
OP
John8

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did get this the other day and it works better than anything else I have (I have all types of polishing cloths etc for the car, that are only for it. :^). I washed the material and it worked even better and is a necessity for in inside of the windshield as I can reach it easily now but I still have to polish and polish over and over to get it acceptable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SGQJ6C9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Something like this should come stock with the car as the inside of the windshield, even if it was good glass, is horrible, at least for me, to get to but this makes it very easy.

huntjunky

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Tacoma, Dodge Ram
I did get this the other day and it works better than anything else I have (I have all types of polishing cloths etc for the car, that are only for it. :^). I washed the material and it worked even better and is a necessity for in inside of the windshield as I can reach it easily now but I still have to polish and polish over and over to get it acceptable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SGQJ6C9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Something like this should come stock with the car as the inside of the windshield, even if it was good glass, is horrible, at least for me, to get to but this makes it very easy.
Thanks for the tip.
Sponsored