Winter Driving Supra? Post some pics of your car too!

Mahid_12

First Name
Mahid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Lexus UX250H, 2020 Toyota Supra
What's up my fellow Canadians. I am in the Toronto area and I was wondering if anyone is using their cars here in the winter? What tires are you using and how has the experience been?

Pictures would be greatly appreciated! (Even if the beast sleeps in the cold winter days!)

Thanks for your time. Hoping to meet some of my fellow peeps after this whole pandemic ends and we can all talk supra.

- M.S
Sponsored

a90 Paven

First Name
Paven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra,
interested aswell, and hey we have a Toronto supra group WhatsApp if you would like to join.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone driven on the stock tire in winter? My car is currently in the shop and thereā€™s already snow on the ground so I just need to know if Iā€™ll be ok driving it home or if I should get a tow truck

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Has anyone driven on the stock tire in winter? My car is currently in the shop and thereā€™s already snow on the ground so I just need to know if Iā€™ll be ok driving it home or if I should get a tow truck
It will be very dangerous to drive on snow on the stock tires, you won't have any traction if there's even a slight incline. Be careful

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Bretts - Any accumulation of snow will be dangerous with SuperSports, but if it's a dry day you'll be fine driving the car home. Just don't go crazy on the throttle.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Be very careful. Even in the dry, Super Sports are like hockey pucks when temps drop below 35-40 degrees. Any moisture or snow will make it that much more dangerous.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
As long as it has proper tires, winter driving should be no problem

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
As long as it has proper tires, winter driving should be no problem
Totally agree.

We can get a lot of snow here in Chicago. I have driven in every kind of condition imaginable. Front, rear, all-wheel, 4x4, does not matter as long as you have the right tires.

The right tires for the right conditions is the key. Proper winter tires on a rear wheel drive car makes it a non-issue in winter. With the exception of ground clearance. Look out for frozen ice that is higher than the clearance of the front spoiler. lol.

OP
OP

Mahid_12

First Name
Mahid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
interested aswell, and hey we have a Toronto supra group WhatsApp if you would like to join.
Sure! I don't know if you can private message on this or not but reply here and I'll send you my #!

OP
OP

Mahid_12

First Name
Mahid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Daily driver. No problems with 29 degrees this morning...........

1561651.jpg
That Supra badge looks nice!
Where did you get the mod for it? Looks like a little bit of carbon fiber decal

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Tha'ts @nibble with the CF decal, ma6ybe he will chime in.
It's from FT speed. It's supposed to go on over the original emblem so its dimension is a bit smaller. When I had wrap done, the original emblem was taken off and I wasn't keen on the idea of $70 piece to temporary (wrap) surface. So I slapped on the decal instead to match the theme. ;)

a90 Paven

First Name
Paven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra,
Sure! I don't know if you can private message on this or not but reply here and I'll send you my #!
Hey Mahid, did you end up purchasing a supra, dm a picture with your number and il add you in.
Sponsored