Yet Another Downpipe Thread (aFe Catless)

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Howdy all! Yesterday I purchased an aFe catless downpipe for my untunable '21 directly from aFe to mate up to an AWE Track Edition exhaust currently being fabricated. The downpipe shipped within 2 hours and is on the way with a tracking number provided - they were fast! I've read on the forum that the downpipe uses 4in tubing throughout. I've also seen people here calling this "very narrow" in terms of overall diameter. Can someone who has this downpipe or has an opinion on this specific part comment on why they think this is "very narrow" and why that is a concern?

When considering my options and doing research, I decided to purchase this component because: 1) It was in-stock unlike many aftermarket downpipes right now (May 2021); 2) It has a bung for an additional sensor which I will be using; 3) While it may not be 4.5in in diameter which seems standard for aftermarket downpipes with a cat, the lack of a cat means the flowrate will be significantly higher than a 4.5in diameter part with a cat; 4) They provided a dyno chart that showed solid gains; and 4) The company has a solid reputation and the part appears to be of high quality based on the images on the website (both the steel used and the welds), though I understand it's like McDonalds advertising a hamburger, so I'll reserve final judgement on this until I have the part in-hand. :)

Note I'm in a state that doesn't do emissions testing, I'm ok with the CEL I know this setup will throw (I read the codes on a regular basis), and yes I know this combination will be quite loud. It's a track vehicle and toy I sometimes take on the road, so none of this is a concern.
Sponsored

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
i wouldnt worry about the DP size, its gonna be more flow than the stock cat. However, that exhaust combo is gonna be loud.

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hi all,

One of these things isn't like the other:

Website Listing
48-36317-hn_1.1595517886.jpg

Received
PXL_20210511_012011491.jpg

Is anyone aware of a redesign of the catless aFe downpipe, and if so, for what reason?

In addition:

PXL_20210511_011917633~2.jpg

Would this lip facing in the direction of the exhaust flow concern anyone?
Sponsored