Your thoughts on the phone wireless charger?

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
I had the orange lamp on my s10e Samsung the other day and examined the area more closely today. Noticed about half an inch free space.

I realised that day it was too far left face up.

So today I place it to the right face up and the phone is charging great and no issues or orange lamp.

Hope this helps others.

Happy days.
Sponsored

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
My phone flies out of the charger if I accelerate too hard.

Anyone know how to stop this?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My phone flies out of the charger if I accelerate too hard.

Anyone know how to stop this?
lol, drive slowly :p
If you still have the cover around the charger, you can try to install some foam on the inside to keep it from moving. and place a usb or something on the usb slot (albeit if too hard, can break the usb and the slot)...

MCSeverino

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
It's a pain in the ass to get the phone out with my hand. I'm surprised the your phone moves around enough with the power plug sitting in the way for it to come flying out.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
It's a pain in the ass to get the phone out with my hand. I'm surprised the your phone moves around enough with the power plug sitting in the way for it to come flying out.
I removed the cover so it’s easy for me to get it.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I use the pro clip holder now and charge with the usb or cig outlet. Wireless charging area is secondary charge or storage now.

Attachments

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I also noticed while wireless charging my samsung 10e that it get hot also so thats why i bought the proclip holder.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I use this magnet holder I got from Amazon for my iPhone, but when it needs a charge I use the wireless charger. My phone gets warm as it does with other wireless chargers I use inside the house, but no issue.

1602077326866.png

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
i dont really use mine as a charger at this point because it's so slow. It's mainly a phone holder tbh.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Wut? That's only there to couple with the magnet. No?
How's that helping the charging?? My wireless charging goes only so far. Does metal help somehow and not interfere.. :hmm:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My post was about *if* you use these plates for magnet holders some of them block the wireless charging coil ending up with charging error or excess heat. In that case, the plate that is shaped like the one I posted above has helped prevent such errors as it does not appear to block the coil inside the phone.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
In addition to wireless charging, the charge pad contains an localized antenna which is then connected to a repeater (via 4G/LTE frequencies) which further connects to a roof-top external antenna to improve reception. There's a bit of handoff and communication going on to make this happen, its not as simple as it seems.

The module BMW uses for this is made by Kathrein Automotive. A good decription of how this works is available at the link, below. One reason the phone may be heating up more on this charging pad (compared to you home charge pads) is this antenna/rf interface.

Among other things, the antenna repeater won't activate unless it senses a phone on the cradle and its getting a good charge connection. In other words, you phone needs to be on the charge pad to take advantage of the signal boost capabilities of this system.

(BTW, the owner's manual has links for each US carrier to register this system, an FCC requirement. I don't know anyone that's actually done that. Among other problems, you need the serial number of the repeater module for registration, and BMW doesn't actually supply this info.)

FYI

https://fccid.io/2ACC7LTECOMPB0/User-Manual/manual-final-b-2938885

Last edited:

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
My concern with this repeater is the limited bands that it can generate to keep the phone connected with the tower.

Looking at the specs there are many 4G/LTE missing bands that I can see. Maybe this is why it gets too hot as it keeps switching. Is there any way to turn this repeater off and just leave the charge?
Untitled.jpg
Sponsored