One of your BMW cousin's would like some advice

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
@Kolme , @zrk , @ColonelAdama : Thanks! That is a good idea. I have ordered a Jesse tune for the time being. As for WMI, since I have already decided to go Femto, I am going to hold for the moment.

After the early feedback in this thread, I was actually all ready to just pull the trigger on Femto. HOWEVER... it is proving a LOT harder than expected to find a local tuner to do an Ecutek or BM3 tune. Seems like the majority don't want to touch the car because they aren't familiar with the series. I know a lot of guys in the drag/NHRA scene down here, and there is not a shortage of tuners...but so far none of them wants to touch it because they have never done one before.

Until I find a local tuner that will be willing to work with me, I have to hold off on Femto.

ON THAT NOTE: If anyone knows any tuners in the Louisville, KY area (Louisville preferred, but Cincinnati, Indianapolis, & Nashville are possible) that are able to Ecutek/BM3 tune a BMW G42 B58TU1 that has been Femto unlocked AND have access to an AWD dyno....I am all ears :).
Almost everyone that tunes the Supras does it remotely. Jeff Payn, Mikey Botti, @Twisted Tuning, Visconti, etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zem

Zem

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M240ix
@zrk Hey! Sorry I wasn't more clear. They are sketchy about remote tuning as well. I found one shop willing to do it. They will allow me dyno time and their tuner to coordinate with the remote tuner for 300/hr. However their tuner is not available at the moment.

Everyone else I have spoken to doesn't want to allow remote tune. :confused:. So at the moment, I am paused 😬

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
@Kolme , @zrk , @ColonelAdama : Thanks! That is a good idea. I have ordered a Jesse tune for the time being. As for WMI, since I have already decided to go Femto, I am going to hold for the moment.

After the early feedback in this thread, I was actually all ready to just pull the trigger on Femto. HOWEVER... it is proving a LOT harder than expected to find a local tuner to do an Ecutek or BM3 tune. Seems like the majority don't want to touch the car because they aren't familiar with the series. I know a lot of guys in the drag/NHRA scene down here, and there is not a shortage of tuners...but so far none of them wants to touch it because they have never done one before.

Until I find a local tuner that will be willing to work with me, I have to hold off on Femto.

ON THAT NOTE: If anyone knows any tuners in the Louisville, KY area (Louisville preferred, but Cincinnati, Indianapolis, & Nashville are possible) that are able to Ecutek/BM3 tune a BMW G42 B58TU1 that has been Femto unlocked AND have access to an AWD dyno....I am all ears :).
Almost everyone that tunes the Supras does it remotely. Jeff Payn, Mikey Botti, @Twisted Tuning, Visconti, etc.

As @zrk said, depending on your location, you aren't going to find better tuners on this platform local unless you are local to one of the ones mentioned above and maybe three others (motiv, shoup, sameh).

So don't stress yourself looking local if local is not them or me. Trust me, save yourself headache.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out. If you need tune support. Same thing. [email protected]

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@zrk Hey! Sorry I wasn't more clear. They are sketchy about remote tuning as well. I found one shop willing to do it. They will allow me dyno time and their tuner to coordinate with the remote tuner for 300/hr. However their tuner is not available at the moment.

Everyone else I have spoken to doesn't want to allow remote tune. :confused:. So at the moment, I am paused 😬
Fair enough. You can always tune on the street, but that can be a little sketchy.

Maybe look a little further out of your area to see if there's someone more willing to help. Best I've got for ya right now.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)

What shop? I would ask who their "tuner" is before committing to that. I as well as others also do remote dyno tuning and street tuning globally. But $300hr is ridiculous honestly speaking. Going rate is usually $150/hr

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What shop? I would ask who their "tuner" is before committing to that. I as well as others also do remote dyno tuning and street tuning globally. But $300hr is ridiculous honestly speaking. Going rate is usually $150/hr
👆🏼 100% yes. 300/hr is ridiculous,

OP
OP
Zem

Zem

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M240ix
@Twisted Tuning @zrk That is good to know. But it is also the only option I have found locally so far. That quote is from Auto Motion here in town. Most of the Supra and NHRA guys that I know down here use Dynosty, but they do not have an AWD dyno.

That is why I asked if anyone knew someone with an AWD dyno in my area that I could work with. I will keep calling around. I am sure there is someone out there.

Also, just wanted to say I really appreciate all the assistance in this forum...especially to a non-supra-owning, half-breed cousin like myself 😀

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
@Twisted Tuning @zrk That is good to know. But it is also the only option I have found locally so far. That quote is from Auto Motion here in town. Most of the Supra and NHRA guys that I know down here use Dynosty, but they do not have an AWD dyno.

That is why I asked if anyone knew someone with an AWD dyno in my area that I could work with. I will keep calling around. I am sure there is someone out there.

Also, just wanted to say I really appreciate all the assistance in this forum...especially to a non-supra-owning, half-breed cousin like myself 😀
the closest shop i trust to deal with the car is my guys at Kennedy Performance Center in Nashville, TN. if i remember correctly that about 2.5 hours from Louisville, KY. they have an AWD dyno, and they are familiar with BMW. i've done some cars with them over the years.

OP
OP
Zem

Zem

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M240ix
SOLID. I appreciate it. I will give them a call first think tomorrow. Nashville is indeed about 3 hours away. Easy commute.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
SOLID. I appreciate it. I will give them a call first think tomorrow. Nashville is indeed about 3 hours away. Easy commute.
No problem, ask for Patrick. And tell him Justin from Twisted Tuning sent you.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Pfft and people call the Supra forum community toxic. We’re just… sassy.

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

The big name tuners will have u road tuned remotely in just a few revisions. They know these cars. And some once u get it dialed in will give u a chance to hop on a dyno for a final revision if u ask
Sponsored