Status
Not open for further replies.

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
This would be the most painful irony on my part. Travel all the way to Japan, only for the car to actually be released in the very city I live in...

Speaking of which, I should start packing. I'll make a thread where I update you guys with photos and video of the event/trip.
Thanks bruh
Sponsored

SupraGuy19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CRV Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot remember any car that took this looooooooooong to make. This is extremely bullshit!

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Alright guys! This is happening! We're heading to Japan in collaboration with SupraMKV.com, and it's gonna be a hell of a trip! I'll use this thread to post all the media from the event, which we'll likely split up into specific threads for specific car coverage from the Tokyo Motor Show. We'll also be doing a little vlogging as well, which should hopefully be not too boring :p.

Here's the introductory vlog:

I'll update the thread as the content rolls in!

Update 1: So we may not have gotten a Supra, but all was not lost! We were lucky enough to get up close and personal with the BMW Z4 concept, and while it is just a concept, it did allow us to get a feel for the platform and it's general proportions.

BMW Z4 Concept-2.jpg

So the show was an absolute madhouse, with the world's press swarming every car, and the constant click and clack of a thousand DSLR shutters going off constantly. This isn't my first press event, but it was certainly the biggest. Luckily we got to the Z4 without too much trouble and were able to get relatively close up to it.

BMW Z4 Concept-3.jpg

Here you can see how long the hood is. Certainly no SLS AMG, but definitely long for the size of the car. The concept itself appears to be maybe 10-20% bigger than what I believe the actual dimensions to be, so imagine this but just at a smaller scale.
BMW Z4 Concept-4.jpg

The rear is certainly striking to look at. The lights are definitely impressive and really are the focal point of the rear end.

BMW Z4 Concept-5.jpg BMW Z4 Concept-6.jpg BMW Z4 Concept-8.jpg BMW Z4 Concept-9.jpg

BMW Z4 Concept-7.jpg

The wheels are pretty standard-fare BMW. 20s with Michelin Cup 2s, but who knows what we'll get in a production car. Take note of the BMW Hubs in their typical lug-bolt-style, 5x120 pattern. Let's just say that you guys you should get familiar with these... :p

BMW Z4 Concept-10.jpg

I can appreciate a good buttress.

BMW Z4 Concept-11.jpg

The interior on this concept is just that, a concept. While definitely cool to look at, you're not gonna see this in any production cars.
BMW Z4 Concept-12.jpg BMW Z4 Concept-13.jpg BMW Z4 Concept-14.jpg

The front end is aite, I suppose. I'm not a huge fan, so I'll be really happy to see the Toyota version whenever we are lucky enough to see it.
BMW Z4 Concept-15.jpg

BMW Z4 Concept-19.jpg BMW Z4 Concept-20.jpg BMW Z4 Concept.jpg BMW Z4 Concept-16.jpg BMW Z4 Concept-17.jpg BMW Z4 Concept-18.jpg

So that's the Z4! It's no Supra, but definitely still a sight for sore eyes after the (lame) Toyota Briefing this morning. I'll continue to update this thread as I get pictures edited of the various cars of the show. The Mazda Kai Concept was definitely a show favorite!

Last edited:

PREDATOR786

First Name
Ismail
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
EX: 1994 Toyota Corolla AE92 Twincam 16V Turbo (Jade Green). EX: 2006 VW Jetta MKV 2.0 FSi Sportline (Black). EX: 2018 Toyota C-HR 1.2T Plus CVT (Nebula Blue). Current: 2020 Toyota GR Supra (Prominence Red)
Hi all. This is my first post on the forum (I've been lurking for a while).

The event info says press day is on the 25th, so does this mean we could possibly get a glimpse as early as tomorrow (if they are even going to have it on display)?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.