Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
I thought V730s [B-] were more likely to kill you in the rain than any of the other Super 200s (B) (according to the chart)?

Also does RE71RS [A] really do better than ECFs (B) in wet performance?
1706917112346.png
I dunno how old this is or what compound direzza they used but there is ZERO chance Direzza Z03G is slower than CUP2 or RT660. Hell, many ppl around here switched do direzza, even from A052, because it was still bit faster and lived longer. Every winning car here up to 18" runs either slicks or direzza (which are not road legal everywhere btw). 19" CUP2R or a052, we dont have RE71RS around here. Also, it was faster than Trofeo R, tested back to back on the same car and guy is buying Dunlops now after trying them ;)
I had conti sport7 (european equivalent of Conti ECS in US) which is not THAT much slower than cup2 and its considered atm best UUHP tire in its segment beating Michelins4s easily in the tests. When i switched from conti7 to Direzza (same setup on the car, nothing changed), i cut 2 sec on ~1.1min lap and 4s on ~2min lap, the difference was huge.

As for question, for dual pupouse I'd search for something that takes beating well and its good in the rain, I would let go a bit of speed (so conti would probably be good enough). OR if cash is no object than A052 (and its good in the rain). But dedicated set of track wheels and tires + some neg camber imo is the way to go in the long run if U plan tracking more in the future.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Have any of you used the Dragy device with the Dragy Lap app? I just tried it out last weekend to test it. You can generate your own "track" with a defined start and finish location. Super easy to set up, video and other data like speed, acceleration, and position are recorded and synced. You can play back your lap on a Google derived map too.

Not sure how accurate the timing and other data is but it's pretty cool and convenient for someone like me who will occasionally do a track day.
Unless your phone has a decent gps (they’re usually 1 Hz - not accurate) you’ll need something like this:

https://www.dualav.com/product/gps-solutions/gps/xgps160-skypro-gps-receiver

I used that one (10 Hz) with Harry’s lap timer before I got an Aim on my previous fun car. I think Aim is up to 25 Hz now.

Edit: I didn’t know it has a dedicated box. I thought it was just an app. Wow! For $179, not bad if it can obtain multiple satellite acquisitions per second.

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I dunno how old this is or what compound direzza they used but there is ZERO chance Direzza Z03G is slower than CUP2 or RT660. Hell, many ppl around here switched do direzza, even from A052, because it was still bit faster and lived longer. Every winning car here up to 18" runs either slicks or direzza (which are not road legal everywhere btw). 19" CUP2R or a052, we dont have RE71RS around here. Also, it was faster than Trofeo R, tested back to back on the same car and guy is buying Dunlops now after trying them ;)
I had conti sport7 (european equivalent of Conti ECS in US) which is not THAT much slower than cup2 and its considered atm best UUHP tire in its segment beating Michelins4s easily in the tests. When i switched from conti7 to Direzza (same setup on the car, nothing changed), i cut 2 sec on ~1.1min lap and 4s on ~2min lap, the difference was huge.

As for question, for dual pupouse I'd search for something that takes beating well and its good in the rain, I would let go a bit of speed (so conti would probably be good enough). OR if cash is no object than A052 (and its good in the rain). But dedicated set of track wheels and tires + some neg camber imo is the way to go in the long run if U plan tracking more in the future.
That tire isn’t even on this list. Dunlop ZIII is a totally different tire than what you are referencing. It’s a old tech street tire.

We don’t get the tire you are referencing in the USA.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
That tire isn’t even on this list. Dunlop ZIII is a totally different tire than what you are referencing. It’s a old tech street tire.

We don’t get the tire you are referencing in the USA.
Ah ok, my mistake there. So info for EU bois for the future :)

Other info: Speed Engineering (german) will be releasing their canards set soon (~march), with TUV certificate.

Screenshot_20231224_220828_YouTube.jpg

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I am already committed to Garmin. The leaderboard absolutely tickles my ego and the data is great
But
The new Dragy looks kinda legit. And if Garmin doesn’t update some stuff soon (like a mic) I can see dragy growing popular

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Dragy had a new updated gps unit that is accurate like Garmin
I am already committed to Garmin. The leaderboard absolutely tickles my ego and the data is great
But
The new Dragy looks kinda legit. And if Garmin doesn’t update some stuff soon (like a mic) I can see dragy growing popular
Wow! I didn’t know it had a dedicated GPS unit. Correction above đŸ€­ That makes it much more attractive for the price. I wonder how many Hz it’s using?

NINaudio

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
OK track people, it looks like I can use my free event at either Ozarks international raceway or Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Anyone have a strong preference for one versus the other? Mid Ohio is about 3 hours closer to me than Ozarks is. This would be mid April for either.

Last edited:

Mori

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 A90
I don't have personal experience with RE71RS in the rain so I will leave that to someone else.

The Nankang CRS will get you to/from the track at full tread or close to full tread even in a monsoon but from personal experience, I had to have a couple whiskeys on arrival to calm my nerves.

The V730 get faster as they wear, but they also turn into slicks, which don't get along well with rain.
Do you know if the CRS or RE71RS would be a magnet for road debris? Leaning towards these two right now

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Do you know if the CRS or RE71RS would be a magnet for road debris? Leaning towards these two right now
I've "dailyed" both those tires.

CRS runs wider, so in theory it'll fling more.
RE71RS haven't been awful

But seriously. Consider a dedicated set of wheels so you dont have to daily and burn through them.

Illest1Five

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Supra MT 45th Anniversary, '06 Impreza STI
Current running RE71RS as daily on my two cars. It slings more than OEM but not out of the norm of a typical Super 200.

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
Anyone dealt with pad transfer on CSG pads? I threw on C21 and they were great until 4th session I found a lot of pulsation once brakes were hot. I’ve actually not had pad transfer issues on any other pads before, or at least not that wouldn’t clear quickly with some additional hard stops.